deja vu

six months later...

---

freen stares intently at the invitation card handed to her. there's a big "Noey and Irin nuptial" in front of it. she smiles, eyeing the couple across the table.

"wow. you're finally tying the knot?"

"it's about time." noey turns aside to look at her fiancée. "i don't see any reason now why i shouldn't marry this beautiful person here."

"sweet-talker." irin playfully nudge her. "i was close to thinking you don't have plans of proposing."

"oh, c'mon. you knew i always wanted to marry you. i just couldn't get on with the plan because i was too busy with SAU."

irin rolls her eyes. "took you a long time to act on it. if you hadn't proposed anytime sooner, i'd break up with you."

freen smiles at the couple, somewhat envying them for making it through all the hardships. she witnessed how noey was so eager to see her girlfriend every vacation and she felt irin's patience waiting for her girlfriend to come home to her.

although there's a bit of jealousy inside of her, she's happy these two are finally walking down the aisle.

"that's rude." noey puts a hand to her chest, feigning hurt.

"i was just kidding!" irin holds noey's hand. "look i know it took you a bit of time because you and freen are busy. the endorsements you got after your dismissal from SAU are just enormous. if you hadn't proposed sooner i would have proposed to you first instead. i was just waiting to make sure you have fully adjusted to your new life before i pop the question. but i didn't want to wait long either as i know many people would want to steal my girl now that she's a celebrity."

"we're not on that level," says noey. "the fees we're getting from those endorsements will help us get a living once fame dies out. we know this status isn't something permanent. we're taking the opportunities while they are here right in front of our faces. right, freen?"

freen nods. "that's why we've hired advisors to manage our finances and investments. wouldn't want to go broke once we're old. we want to take our mind off things and focus on more important matters, like your wedding."

noey looks at irin. "you need to tell freen about that."

"ahh. that. you're right." irin clears her throat and turns to freen. "umm. we, uh, we invited her too."

"her?" freen contemplates for a moment. "charlotte?"

"no. the 'B' in your life."

"oh." freen reclines back on her chair when it finally clicks in her head. "with her family, i suppose?"

irin nods. "along with her mom and kade. i hope you're fine with that."