sleeping together

"freen!"

freen turns at the call and sees emily dashing towards her. the kid's parents, along with kade, are at the waterski entrance.

"wow. someone looks excited to see you, huh?" says charlotte. "should i be jealous?"

"she's just a kid. and don't deny you find her cute too." freen bends down to receive emily jumping into her arms. "hey, sweetie. you're here to ski too?"

emily nods. "daddy promised..."

"hello, baby. looks like you're already prepared, huh?" says charlotte, noticing the purple rash guard the kid is wearing.

"hello..." emily gives charlotte a kind smile before her curious eyes catch freen's already damp hair. "you've already skied?"

"yeah. with some friends." freen nods in the direction of nam and some of their previous SAU comrades.

"whaddup, freen?" says kade. "hello, miss charlotte. i'm kade, freen's friend."

"no need for formality..." charlotte offers a hand. "it's a pleasure to meet you. i've heard a lot of things about you from freen."

kade raises an eyebrow, shaking charlotte's hand back. "didn't know freen talks about me."

"course i do. i'm proud of my doctor friend," says freen. "are you joining us?"

"hmm. well..." kade's eyes scan the area, spotting lux talking to nam and mind. "yeah... i'm here to try waterskiing..."

freen sends her friend a knowing smirk. "that's good. you can join lux and the others now."

"oh. i surely will. catch you later..."

"... the water seems deep..." freen hears becky's voice as the woman approaches them along with her husband.

"it's fine. they have life vests," says mew.

becky clasps her hands on her chest, coming closer to tidy her daughter's hair. "is it safe here?"

freen isn't sure if becky intends the question for her. but since she's carrying the kid in her arms, she answers, "yeah. a lot of kids are even doing it on their own." she gestures towards the water.

becky's eyes wander to observe the kids up on the waterskis. she turns to her husband. "i can't allow emily there. it's too deep. it looks dangerous."

"hey, relax." he puts his hands on her shoulder. "let's watch first so you can calm down, okay?"

"captain! it's your turn again!" shouts lux. "come join kade here!"