after all

freen kicks her car door close and carries the sleeping emily in her arms into the armstrong compound.

"she fell asleep crying," she says as she meets up with becky and her mom at their doorstep. "maybe i should carry her directly to her room so she won'twake up."

they lead freen to emily's bedroom to tuck the kid in. when she's left alone, freen murmurs one more apology and kisses the kid's forehead. she heads out of the room and sees becky standing with a phone against her ear.

"... yeah. she's sleeping now. let's talk to her tomorrow about it."

becky's gentle voice is so soothing freen can't help but smile. she stood there staring, admiring how elegant the woman looked in her long white night dress. but there's still a hint of jealousy inside, knowing becky's talking to her husband--or ex-husband-to-be. becky hasn't talked to freen yet. the ambiguity of their relationship sends freen to uncertainty.

becky turns around and meets eyes with freen. "yes. that would be great. goodnight, mew," she says, not breaking the gaze. she hangs up. freen takes it as a sign to approach.

"hey."

"hey."

"umm." freen looks to her left and right as if she's searching for something. it was undeniably awkward, and she's sure becky can feel it too. "i don't know if there's any better way to say this, but emily knows everything now, and she hates me."

becky raises her brows. "she what?"

"i'm sorry. but she overheard your mom and your husband talking about this other person involved with you. and i don't want to pretend and lie to her. i told her it was me."

"gosh." becky brings a hand to her forehead. "i'm sorry. this is all my fault."

"hey. it's not your fault. i should be the one apologising. she's got every right to hate me."

becky massage her temple this time. freen notices how she look so stressed like she hasn't been sleeping well for days.

"i don't know what to do anymore..." says becky, almost helpless. "which ever path i take, someone will always get hurt... it s you, or me, or emily, or mew..."

"hey. hey. calm down." freen reaches out, cupping becky's elbows, the latter leaning in the touch and breaking down in freen's shoulder instantly. "hey. it'll be okay."

"i don't know what to do anymore, freen..." becky's frame shakes. "i don't know what to do anymore. this is all my fault..."

"there's no point trying to find out who's at fault or who's to blame. what you need to do is find a way to fix this."

"but what should i do? i don't want to hurt anyone anymore..."