rain talk

freen opens her eyes at the sound of her apartment door getting unlocked.

the light footsteps that follow after the door shut tell her it's becky who came in.

it's probably around six in the morning. becky always comes in around this time whenever she comes from working the night shift in the hospital.

not wanting to get up yet, freen shifts her eyes to the window, seeing pure greyness outside.

it is raining.

she inhales, getting calmer by the second. becky would go to her anytime now to wake her up and to help her clean up and change.

she decides to continue her sleep while waiting for that.

---

the rain is still pouring outside the second time she opens her eyes. the time stamp on her phone says it's past ten in the morning.

there is no movement in the apartment.

did becky leave without waking her up?

freen gets up to check. there's food on the table, but becky's not around. she ventures more around the apartment and smiles when she finally finds becky sprawled on the couch, asleep, still in her baby pink scrub suit.

poor becky. she must be tired from work.

the sleeping nurse moves, turning to the side and curling up into a fetal position.

freen melts at the sight, wondering how this woman can still give her these funny unexplainable feelings until now.

sighing at how whipped she still is, freen grabs a blanket from her room and covers becky with it. she plops down on the couch under becky's feet and stares at the other woman in silence.

freen doesn't want to wake her up yet, knowing becky would leave by then. it always breaks freen to see the woman go. she understands now how becky felt before each time she goes for her new assignment.

freen fixes the blanket to make sure becky's properly covered. once done, she leans back on the couch and looks up at the ceiling.

she closes her eyes and listens to the rain.

---

she wakes up for the third time that day.

how long has it been? an hour? two? three?

she can still hear the rain outside.

a movement on the couch made freen look. becky's wide awake now, staring at freen with that adorable face of hers.