eighth anniversary

it turns out that starting a foundation really helps to boost freen's morale.

her days are now filled with reports about the current status of their budget, donors, and rescue operations. namtan has taken the initiative to visit the place regularly to make sure everything is in order.

they have also opened the temporary shelter to the public so people can come in to visit. some lucky pets have been taken home by their adopters. even noey and doctor love adopted dogs for themselves.

freen brought becky and emily there one time to show them the situation. but it was a failure as the two are cowering outside, frightened to the bones.

she never brought them back after that.

freen spends most of her mornings visiting the shelter with namtan, and coming back after lunch before the latter goes to work. this had drastically reduced her alone time with becky. even so, freen is very much happy and contented with the progress of her project.

everything seems to fall into place. freen couldn't be happier with her accomplishments. kade was right about her lacking a purpose. the fulfilment of this new purpose in her life gives her satisfaction.

as days go by, she is realising how she can be genuinely happy with this new life she found.

---

"you mean you're the one who drew these?" asks love, flipping through the pages of freen's sketchbook.

"yeah. i couldn't go out before, so i pour all my thoughts into that," says freen, her eyes shifting to the couple in the kitchen, where becky is helping her husband roll up the sleeves of his shirt.

"well, these are all amazing. you've got some genuine talent here, huh..." love continues flipping through the rest of the pages. "do you love taking pictures too?"

freen directs her eyes back to love. "yes, that's another avenue i'm practising. but i left my camera in my apartment, so i take pictures with my phone for now."

"may i see some of your shots?"

"you may want to hold that off, ladies." mew walks up to them. "let's continue that over dinner?"

"dinner?" freen looks around. "we're going out?"

"yeah." love stands up and takes her coat. "we're having a little dinner celebration. it's mew and becky's eighth wedding anniversary today."

"oh." freen glances at becky, but the latter is already walking towards the door. "i see. congratulations then."

"thank you." mew smiles. "let's go?"

---

"how come you two are still that sweet?" love digs her chin into her palms. "what's your secret?"