the assault

everything fast forwarded after she got back to the city.

interviews, endorsement, meetings -- these occupied freen's schedule. she and noey even went to yeosan a couple of times to check how the hotel construction is going and to iron out employment plans in the area.

she reconnected with charlotte and officially signed a contract with her agency to get her as the hotel's endorser. this hyped the showbiz buzz again between them. even so, their relationship remained platonic, and their meetings have all been purely business-related.

if it weren't for namtan, who messaged her to visit the foundation, freen wouldn't have realised a month already passed. feeling guilty after receiving the message, freen hurriedly jump into her car and drove out of the city that night.

she arrived at around ten in the evening. there's no light in namtan's apartment. freen stays in the hallway, dropping a quick message to becky about seeing emily tomorrow if they are available.

but her excitement got drained by becky's lack of response. and freen's brain is already conjuring up reasons.

is becky already asleep? or is she at work? could she be spending time with her husband right now?

not wanting to linger at the thought, freen messaged some of her friends and former comrades, asking them to hang out.

it's probably too late in the evening for that as no one is responding to her.

she was ready to go into her apartment and sleep it off until one text came.

it was from love.

---

she met love at a bar, and freen finds herself appreciating more how beautiful love is.

they drank and talked about a lot of stuff: politics, the dog love adopted, life experiences, and even relationships where it ended with love saying how freen's ex is such a bitch.

freen still checks her phone from time to time but a certain someone hasn't responded to her yet. her suspicion on the lack of response got bigger and bigger and freen feels uneasy.

not wanting to linger on the thought, freen tries her best to focus on love. the doctor's not-so-subtle flirting tells freen that something more is expected from tonight.

and who is she to deny herself of some enjoyment?

it was past midnight when freen, who's now consumed by alcohol intoxication, finally gave in to the temptation. they kissed, once, twice, thrice. too drunk to drive, both left their cars at the parking area and called a cab back to freen's apartment.

they were already mauling each other before they can even get through the front door. after successfully getting in with their clothes still intact, love playfully pushes freen down the sofa. she undoes the buttons of her blouse and takes her shirt off, letting it fall on the floor.