39

Hermione's job at the ministry was going well. Very well indeed. She had her own flat in downtown London. Astoria made frequent visits to said flat, in the beginning of their post Hogwarts relationship, however now they barely saw each other. Six months into her job Hermione got promoted to a higher paying job. She now worked in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. The hours were a bit longer than what she wanted but she enjoyed reading all the books on different creatures she was working with.

"Plans for tonight Hermione?" Draco asked as he sat with her in the cafeteria. "Gonna purpose to Astoria tonight. It's our one year anniversary." Hermione stated. "Oh?" Draco asked with surprise in his voice. "Yes...is something wrong Draco?" Hermione asked. Draco avoided her eye contact by looking down at his dragon hide boots. "Astoria...she's cheating on you Mione. Harry and I came back from a case this morning and saw her walking out of a supply closet with some witch who I've seen around the Department Of Mysteries." Draco explained.

Hermione said nothing as she continued eating her food before returning to her office. A few long hours later Hermione got a knock on her door. In came Astoria with a pleasant smile on her face. "Hey beautiful!" Astoria greeted. "Astoria what can I do for you?" Hermione asked. "What time will you be home tonight?" Astoria asked. "Late as always why?" Hermione asked. "Just curious. I should go now." Astoria replied quickly before leaving the office.

Four or five hours later Hermione couldn't even bother checking the time when she left that night, she arrived at Astoria's place. Flowers in hand she walked into the flat she headed to the bedroom where she knew Astoria would be. "Tori darling! I'm home!" Hermione called out. Out of nowhere Astoria came running out to meet her. "He...hey Mione! Didn't know you'd be coming by tonight!" Astoria exclaimed. "I just thought I'd surprise you darling! Is someone else here?" Hermione asked looking around.

Suddenly a blonde witch emerged from the bedroom in nothing but a sheet. "Who are you?" She snapped at Hermione. "The question is who are you? And what are you are you doing with my girlfriend?" Hermione yelled. "Girlfriend?" The blonde exclaimed. "Not anymore! You can keep her blondie! Astoria! YOU AND I ARE DONE! You see I knew you were cheating on me! I've known for months now! It just took Draco to confirm my suspicions! Goodbye Astoria! And good luck finding another job! You're screwing the Minister's daughter!" Hermione snapped before she disappeared with a pop.