40

That break up was two years ago. Two years of being alone. Now Hermione sat in her flat contemplating about this job offer at Hogwarts. McGonagall offered her the Transfiguration position along with head of Gryffindor house. All she'd have to do was come to Hogwarts and sign the contract. A four year contract to start...but McGonagall knew that her former student would stay on. "Hmmm? What do you think Crooks?" Hermione asked her cat only getting a 'meow' in reference. "You're right! I'll take the position. What harm can it do?" She asked herself. Hermione stood up waving her wand as everything in her flat quickly packed its self up. "Come on Crookshanks! We're going back to Hogwarts!" Hermione said as she put the orange cat into his carrier and walked through the green smoke in her fireplace.

When she reappeared again she stood in the Headmistress's office. McGonagall sat behind her desk with a mischievous grin on her face when Hermione came through. "Ah! Miss Granger! Welcome! I see you've decided to accept my offer!" She stated. "Indeed I did! Now...the contract?" Hermione asked. "Ah! Yes, here it is! Sign it and we can go to your quarters." McGonagall stated. Hermione nodded and signed her contract. "Welcome to Hogwarts! Professor Granger!" McGonagall explained happily. 

The two of them left the office and began walking to Hermione's rooms. "They're right next to Gryffindor tower so you'll be near so if anyone needs you they'll be able to find you quickly. The Transfiguration room is still in its same spot as it was when you were here. As for everything else, you know that professors eat breakfast and dinner all at the large table. Lunch is your time for you. Your class schedule is here. You have some time to prepare your class room and rooms as you like. I'll leave you to it." With that McGonagall left the brunette alone in her rooms.

Hermione stood in the kitchen of her quarters and looked around. It was a large set of rooms. The sound of a pop caused her to turn around. "Oh! Hello!" Hermione said greeting the house elf. "Good afternoon Professor Granger! I'm Windy your house elf. You can call for me at anytime you like." Windy stated. "Oh, thank you Windy! If you don't mind could you get me some butter beer and some fish and chips please? I missed lunch this afternoon." Hermione asked. "Of course!" Windy stated with a smile.

Down in the dungeons Bella was just heading to her rooms when she saw Windy walking out of the kitchens with a tray of food. "Windy? Where are you taking that?" Bella asked. "Oh good afternoon Professor Black! This is for the new professor!" Windy stated. "New professor? Who's the new professor?" Bella asked. "Uh..Windy doesn't know if she wants everyone to know who she is yet." Windy replied. "Oh...well I'm sure I'll meet them soon enough." Bella replied as the elf disappeared.

A few seconds later Windy reappeared in Hermione's room with the food and drink she asked for. "Thank you Windy!" Hermione stated. "Is there anything else you need Professor Granger?" Windy asked. "Oh no, and please it's Hermione." Hermione replied. "Of course Prof..Hermione!" Windy stated before she disappeared again. Hermione sat on the red sofa and dug into her lunch.

Curiosity overwhelmed Bella. She had to know who this new professor was. She said the password that got her into the headmistress office and walked up the stairs. "McGonagall? Who is this new professor?" Bella asked. "How did you know there is one?" McGonagall asked. "Windy...she let it slip." Bella replied. "Ah yes...she did miss lunch this afternoon." McGonagall stated. "Who did?" Bella asked. "She's a very brilliant young witch. She took some time off after a bad break up two years ago and went to America for a time..she just arrived back and I snatched her up." McGonagall explained.

Bella began to think. "Hmmm..." Bella replied. "Did she graduate from here?" Bella asked. "Indeed she did. Top of her class actually." McGonagall replied. "When do I get to meet her?" Bella asked. "You and everyone else will meet her later today at the staff meeting." McGonagall stated.