47

Out of shadow Bella saw the whole interaction go down. She quickly followed after the young witch. She was gonna confront her for cheating on Hermione. "Astoria!" She sneered. "Professor Black?" Astoria asked. "I know what you did to Hermione. If you ever come back again...I'll tell the headmistress you're bothering her cub. And she'll ban you. Do you want that to happen?" Bella asked in a low growl. "No...I was just leaving..." Astoria replied. "Good. Now Go." Bella sneered as the young witch ran out the doors. Satisfied with her work Bella walked back down the corridor heading to her rooms for the night. Unbeknownst to her said young cub was watching her defend her. She didn't know it yet...but something began stirring inside her chest. Shaking her head she closed and locked her door she headed off to her room to get some sleep.

In the morning Hermione sat up at the high table with everyone else looking down at the students. Some were wearing quidditch jumpers, some were sipping their pumpkin juice and talking. Others were laughing at their friend's jokes. It reminded her of her days in Hogwarts as a student. She could easily remember sitting at Gryffindor table laughing at one of Ginny's jokes or some new invention that Fred and George had Ron try out. A ghost of a smile appeared on her face at the memories.

Bella couldn't help but look at the brunette witch at the other end of the table. She could see the ghosted smile on her pink lips as a wash of memories flooded her head. She soon found herself wondering if one of those memories was of her. Or if any of the memories Hermione was recalling had anything to do with her.