44

She had successfully avoided Bella since arriving at Hogwarts..now she stood outside the large doors the great hall waiting on Hagrid to bring in the first years. "Ah he'r ya are Hermione! Oh...it's Professor Granger now isn't it? Here they are! The first year's." Hagrid said with a smile. "Thank you Hagrid, and you still can call me Hermione!" She replied with a smile before returning to the first years. "Welcome to Hogwarts! In a few moments you will walk through these doors and you will be sorted into one of the four houses. They are Gryffindor where the brave at heart dwell, Hufflepuff where they are just and loyal, Ravenclaw where they use their keen intellect and creativity, and Slytherin where they are ambitious, and resourceful. While you are here your house will be like your family, follow the rules and you shall earn points, break the rules and you will loose points...." There was a long pause before a whisp of a creature appeared and told Hermione that they were ready. "They're ready for you now!" Hermione stated as the doors opened up and she walked down through the tables.

Bella watched as the young witch took control of the room as she explained how the sorting worked. One by one they sat on the old stool and wore the old hat as it sung the same old song, some went to Slytherin, some to Gryffindor, some to Hufflepuff, and the rest to Ravenclaw. She watched Hermione come back to her seat beside Flitwick as McGonagall began her welcoming speech.

"May the feast begin!" McGonagall announced and magically the food was on the table. Hermione smiled as she watched the first years with their surprised faces as the food appeared. "Fond memories Hermione?" Flitwick asked. "Ah yes...seems like yesterday I was down there at the Gryffindor table with the same shock on my face with the food appeared before me." Hermione replied softly. Bella remembered that day herself, as she just looked on at the brunette witch with a hidden smile on her lips. 'One of these days I'm gonna talk to you.' She told herself as she ate her food.