47. forty-seven

☆---•°○°•---☆

Told you that I'll post on 23 but wanted to post today 🤌

Hope you'll enjoy the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

And don't forget to vote and comment since thus is the longest chapter. It's around 7.5k words long 😭

Happy reading ❤️

"Tulip," He mumbled softly into her ears after turning off the alarm and smiled a little when she snuggled into him

"Aaj Roka hai, Hamara." Her eyes slowly opened listening to his whispers and she smiled. Her eyes and cheeks were a little puffy due to the sleep and closing her eyes again, she wrapped her arms around him, feeling happy and content.

(It's our pre-engagement ceremony.)

It has been almost a week since they announced it to the family. Today was the pre-engagement ceremony and exactly after a week, it was their engagement.

And exactly 5 days after the engagement was their wedding.

"You want to get late for it?" He asked again yet received no response and stroked her hair gently.

A smile automatically adored his lips seeing her in his arms. It was the view he'd never get tired of seeing every morning but the smile didn't last long as soon as he realised that she'd be moving to Malhotra house for some days.

It was for him that no one dared to say anything about this but it was Dadi who asked him to do the same. To follow all the rituals so he agreed even when he didn't want to.

"Sham me hai na vo to," She mumbled after some time. He chuckled a little and stroked her cheeks gently.

(It's in the evening.)

"Haan but there are things we have to look after. I guess Dadi ne pooja bhi rakhi hai hamare liye so we have to be ready for that as well." She groaned in her sleep, throwing her legs in the air and then back on the bed.

(Dadi has organised Pooja for us.)

"You didn't let me sleep in the night aur ab utha rhe ho." She complained and opening her eyes, looked at him who clearly looked offended.

(Now you're waking me up,)

"Haan I was the one who asked you that balcony me baith ke gappe marte hai. Tum to sone ka bol rhi thi but it was me who said ki nhi, kitchen me jake khana khate hai because late night cravings ho rhi hai?" He asked, raising her eyebrows and she smiled sheepishly.

(We can gossip in the balcony. You were asking me to sleep but it was me who said that I'm having late night cravings.)

"Exactly and I was telling you, sleep baby. you should have your beauty sleep but tum kha sunte ho meri," She huffed, her hands moving up to caress his cheeks and then pulling his cheeks.

(It's you who doesn't listen to me at all,)

"Achha," He looked amused by her words and earned a nod from her. He got up to sit straight on the edge of the bed and stood up before he threw away the blanket in which she was lazing around.