∘₊✧Scattered✧∘₊

∘₊✧Ragini : Life is never be the only bed of roses, thrones are always there to make your heart bleed ✧∘₊

I have no strength in my body to even open my eyes even. But the pain is overwhelming in my back muscles, I don't know how much time I am laying in this position.

The sound of my heart beat is the only sound coming from the machine in the silent room. I am aware, I am in a nursing home, in the huge cabin which my parents couldn't afford.

I try to open my eyes, because it's not dark anymore. It feels like my skull will blast in the throbbing pain. Is my medicine effect going down? My neck is hurting too.

I stop trying to open my eyes. I guess I need more rest. These things happened some hours ago too. I felt he came to me. I could feel him. I wanted to open my eyes, wanted to see him, but couldn't. I wasn't able to hear his words properly, only heard something. I am sorry, for me you are in this condition, I love you so much, but see I am so bad at protecting you, there's no meaning to own this much money when I couldn't protect you.

I wanted to tell him so badly, it's not his fault. I wanted to hug him so badly. I am just going through physical pain. I will be okay by medicine but he is cursing himself for my condition.

I try to bring my hands to feel the ring with my lips. But the channel of saline. God!! I bring my right hand slowly to feel. What!!!!! Where's my ring?

Don't know where I get this power from. I quickly open my eyes to see my fingers. My eyes are burning because of the restless condition, they require more sleep but not more than the ring.

I have to search for it. I can't lose it for god sake. He will think I am also making me feel guilty for my condition. I am rejecting him— which is not even possible until I am alive. I look at the side of the bed. No chance, only some medicine bottle, equipment.

I try to lift my body by putting pressure on the elbows, but it's stretching those pipes attached to me.

I turn around to see the connections and luckily I get to see one emergency button, just left side of the bed.

I click the switch multiple times more than it needs to. Outside the darkness almost faded away. I guess it's morning!

No one is coming even, where's mom? Are they not allowed in the cabin? I pressed the switch again hurriedly.

One small frame in a light blue dress enters the cabin hurriedly, the nurse.

She, with a worried face, comes towards me, and holds back of my head, "What happened girl? Feeling pain anywhere?"

But without answering, I wiggle to fail her attempt to let me sleep. I don't want to be rude, but my sudden frustration doesn't help either, "Where's my ring?"

My voice takes the high pitch but my weak body can't make it more clear as much as I thought I put pressure on the words. She forces me with some sweet words, "You need rest, you are still weak."

I collect all of my strengths and push her shoulder with my right hand. She bulges a little, but her eyes are still soft, "First lay down, I will listen to all of your problems, don't put pressure on your body."

I grab the bed sheet into my fist tightly, "Where's my ring? I want my ring, right now" She frowns, trying to maintain the smile, "Ring?"

I nod aggressively, "Yes, yes, my ring, my engagement ring.."

I can feel my voice is going to choke. I lower my voice. She replies back with a gentle smile, "All ornaments, we gave to your mom. Don't worry about those".