36

Ariel saw the same woman who was not a human working the front lobby as her last trip. Ariel herself was instantly recognized as well. A smile growing on the succubus's face. She could claim to have found this little revenue whale, take a portion of the payment the witch earned as her commission this evening.

"Jenny Hunt, a pleasure to see you once again, and after dark!" Megara purred at her little cash cow and best chance at real excitement tonight. Imagine, there were two alpha brothers in town right now and the hidden Baku who revealed himself, all in the same week that this little treat served herself up. This city was never this exciting.

Megara, swooped in, gathering up the little cash cow that hopefully had been eating well since her last donation. Megara had a feeling after tonight, Jenny wouldn't ever be back. Which was fine. Jenny looked like the kind of girl who could use a real big paycheck. Girl was heroin chic model skinny, and Megara would have preferred her to have more meat on her bones.

Waving at the scribe kept on staff to keep things honest, to go and send the blast message out. Drive the amount paid for this once in a lifetime treat as high as possible. Megara acted as a demon shield taking care of 'Jenny' like the treasure she was. Fending away those below her price point. Offering food, and drinks, a meal. A table, dancing, entertainment. Everything the bar could offer.

Binh slunk in through the front door. Glad Ariel had already been moved through. Noticing the scribe shuffling in the robes his kind always wore in the entrance. Binh moved directly to the scribe. "The witch who has just arrived, she will be adequately compensated tonight for her donation?" Binh inquired.

The scribe balked. Long eye brow hair twitching as the scribe attempted to comport himself. "Madame Megara has initiated a bidding war, she would like to see the highest possible value paid for tonight's offering." Looking at the dream eater with both reverence and aw. A baku had not been revealed in many, many years. Was most unexpected to see one here. "I am pleased to see one of your kind still well. Megara will ensure the witch's safety. Madam knew a demon designed to ensure the witch's welfare." The scribe said with a formal tone to his voice.

Binh regarded the small dwarf scribe. Honest, good people incapable of a lie or untruth. No atrocities had ever been caused by a scribe. Though many had been averted even though no one save the scribes themselves sang songs or wrote histories of those who had prevented terrible things from happening without violent. "I see and thank you and yours for the services provided." Binh told the scribe. Remembering the customs.

The scribe nodded his thanks for the recognition. "How may I serve?" The scribe asked. As was proper for his kind.

Binh smiled, glad his remembrance of manners had paid off this time. "There may be two wolf brothers who come asking admittance. One will be hairless. They must be refused." Binh stated. The scribe nodded.

A simple request. There were myriad reasons any one person might be denied admittance. "As my lord requests, so shall I see done." Bowing, and moving to alert the door staff of the addition to security protocol tonight. The baku far out ranked most in this city, and had no legal holds against him. The scribe was obligated to comply with his request.

Binh smiled. He liked old world citizens. Clear, distinct rules and customs to follow. Easy to understand and communicate with clearly. Binh also liked humans, and the mixing and strange new world social mores he had ingrained himself into at his diner. Mortal existence was so fascinating.

Most of all, right now he liked Ariel's nightmares. He liked Ariel. She was interesting in a way that could not easily be replaced. She was more than just her nightmares to Binh now. A familiar, a child of Nightmother had trusted him with her care, Binh had never once been so trusted. He was going to be worthy of the honour given to him.

Knowing that his instructions would be followed, because a scribe could not lie. Binh joined the main floor area of the bar. Hiding in the shadows at the edges of the bar. Watching the succubus protect Ariel, feed her, ply her with a few drinks. It was strange to watch Ariel in a new location, one where she did not expect him to be watching her. She wasn't acting like she did while alone with Binh, or like her waitress persona. This was a third version of her facing the world.

Ariel had not expected to be here so long. She had a very low tolerance for alcohol, and the succubus was slow to notice that most of Ariel's drinks were put down after a single sip, Paraded around the room. "How much longer?" Ariel finally asked after two hours had passed without a single offer, unaware that there was a clock on her auction that would need to run out before anything would change. Instead she ate. Having ordered and enjoyed what felt like most of the menu by the time Megara got the final notification on her phone that a winning bid had been secured.

All the vampires allowed admittance had been vetted. Made fully aware that the price for acting up inside a Black corporation establishment would result in an instant staking. This was a privilege granted for those who could pay, and behave themselves in mixed company. However, Megara housed a few reservations about the vampire who had won tonight's auction. 

Megara wasn't one to let bad feelings keep her from getting her cut of the generous bid once it was paid out.

Deluca appeared from the shadows. He had been turned longer than any vampire Megara had known. So long that even while the demon was subdued, there was a sinister countenance to his face. A warning to all he met that he was dangerous.

After so long alive, novelty was the spice of his life. Rumors had been flying all over the city of a wild witch running untethered, a Baku of all creatures chasing after her, and if rumours were to be trusted twin wolf pups were also sniffing at her.

Deluca's favourite rumour was that she had set one of the wolves on fire and burned the hair from his body. Unbelievable to think she could have such control without training. Deluca had discounted that particular rumour as too delightful to be true.

Witches had only grown into tighter, more secretive groups the past century. Wild witches were not a thing. Any one with natural or hidden talent was sought out, hunted and found. Bound into a coven to learn and serve.

Deluca was going to savour his taste of a freshly manifested witch with such delightful tangles around her. He had not had a chance to be part of such delightful machinations and delights since the Salem witch trials when he had masqueraded as a priest. Times had been far more to his liking back then. 

Megara facilitated the introductions, "Jenny, this is Deluca, he has offered generous compensation for your donation tonight, I will leave the two of you to discuss particulars of the exchange." Nodding her head and excusing herself. There was apparently a problem at the front door, regarding some wolves the scribes refused admittance. Knowing Deluca would likely try to push for a more intimate exchange with other benefits, Megara would only be gone a moment.