39

Binh glared at the two wolves. Glad that Ariel was still unconscious, hoping she would stay that way until he was able to clearly impress his point into the pups. "Look at what you have done." His voice a venomous growl.

Binh had never before felt such anger at a mortal being. It was hot, made his skin feel too tight, like his demon needed to be fully set free. "She threw herself from my car the moment she saw you two." Stepping out of the way, so they could see all of her. See what they had done to her. The stitches, the bandages, the bruises under her pale skin. The cast on her entire left leg. She wasn't even breathing on her own right now. They had nearly killed her.

While they looked at her. Natural horror clear in both their eyes. Binh raised their nightmares, August's darkest fears was anything happening to those he loved, his family and now Ariel even though he didn't even know her name. She was etched into his heart. Alex too, already had her soul tanged into his, but his fears were of being left alone.

They had caused this, Alex and August both fell into the terror, their nightmares bubbling up into their minds, their mate lying broken in a hospital bed. When they looked like they had had enough, Binh withdrew his magic. "We just wanted to meet her, we thought we could explain everything." August tried to explain their actions tonight. Binh held up his hand. Alex was about to add his own two cents before August rudely demanding Alex shut up through the mind link in a way he never had before.

"You are entitled, spoiled, stupid children. You were annoyed she was not an easy prize. Were too impatient and took a chance the moment you felt her leave my ward." Binh could feel Ariel's subconscious start to return, she would wake soon, and they needed to be gone before then. Binh ushered them into the hallway. Glad they had the sense to be shaken by his demonstration of his magic, and shamed by their own actions.

"You do not know her past, or respect her fear and if you rush her, she is going to get herself killed trying to get away from you." Binh paused, they did not mean to harm her. He did know that. They wanted to take care of her as much as he did in their own way. There was a reason the three had been twisted together by the moon goddess. Binh sighed, deeply.

Giving them the means to contact her phone. "Do not use any of your resources to track or trace her. Talk to her, try to convince her you might be worth meeting. Until then, I will be keeping her safe." He saw the heckles rise in both of the twins at the same time.

Binh raised their nightmares again. "She is safer with me than anyone else, and your possessive wolves don't have to worry about any defiling happening." Binh shuddered. "Mortals, and your gross need to exchange bodily fluids, disgusting. I deal in nightmares pups, nothing more." Binh watched the brothers as they looked at each other, considering all that Binh had said. "Go, now she is about to wake." Binh pushed them farther down the hall, returning to Ariel just in time to see her struggle against the breathing tube, Binh pressed the nurse call button.

Alex and August stayed down the hall, waiting to hear her cough, confirmation called out from the nurses that she was breathing on her own. Both feeling such relief. They wanted to stay, everything in them said they needed to be here for their mate.

They instead went to the nearest waiting room, straining their hearing to hear as Binh gently explained every single injury she had suffered. Each injury was their fault. A weight of guilt crushing them under the naming of every hurt they had caused the one they were supposed to love and protect.

leaning forward towards her door to hear her small voice ask, "How long until my leg-" A PA system announcement about a hospital code event rang out and drowned out what their mate had asked. They only heard her sobbing from whatever answer she had been given.

Three Hours Past Midnight let Binh know the twins had left the hospital as he comforted Ariel that her leg would heal quickly, he would help her. Doing everything he could to reassure her that she did not need to worry, she would be safe.

Binh lowered his voice, once all the nurses had finished their post op checks, and finally left them alone again "Now, I need to also let you know that we are in a different state, the accidents had overwhelmed the local hospitals and you needed care urgently so I took you here." After too much shock, adrenaline crash and various narcotics floating in her blood Ariel did not have any capacity left to be shock. She was just glad that this explained the face the nurse had made when she did the mental faculties check and Ariel had inadvertently said she was in a different city.

"Once you are discharged I will be taking you home, to recover. I've already informed everyone at the diner. You are registered under your false name at this hospital, with my address. You have legal identity documents now, attesting that this lie is truth." Binh slipped in trying to give her as much positive news as possible. Continuing, "All bills are taken care of. You just need to feel better." Binh promised Ariel as the tears slowly stopped falling down her cheeks.

She looked down at her broken leg, it ached even through the painkillers she had been given. There were worse things than pain, "I can't run." her voice a little whisper, barely heard over the machines working around her. She didn't care about the stitches in her face, the ugly bruises, the surgery scars now on her body. All she could focus on was how vulnerable she was right now. She couldn't get herself out of this bed if she needed to on her own. One arm and one leg were useless to her.

Binh took her good hand in his as he sat back down in the chair beside her bed. "You don't need to run Ariel. I will keep you safe." She shook her head. No, she couldn't trust someone else with all of herself like that. Never ever. No one had her back. Trust was worse than death.

She wanted to protest, she needed to be able to take care of herself. Even though she had only awoken from her emergency surgeries a short time ago, she was tired. She yawned, today had been a draining experience for her, mentally and physically. "Sleep. Heal. I will be here." Binh promised her as her eyes fluttered closed. A simple nightmare of the twins treating her like the hyena's under the witch had bubbled up as she quickly went to sleep. Binh swallowed the simple, untrue nightmare quickly. She wouldn't ever know it happened.

He might not enjoy the pups, and wasn't certain the moon goddess was playing with a full deck anymore. Because Nightmother and Selene were friendly, Binh would at least do what he could to not poison Ariel against her mates.

At least not so long as they followed the strict rules Binh had placed on them. Binh tucked Ariel's hair behind her ear, looking at her bruised face and the dark fine line of stitches. Hoping that the plastic surgeon was as good as his reputation was, she did not need scars on her face to remind her of today. Neither would her mates if she ever chose to accept them.