41

Alex and August had thought they had done everything they could to avoid notice and fly under the radar after the mess they had made. An effort to delay their family finding them, in such a situation. They had been deeply mistaken. After checking in, the twins had gone to the elevator, up to the floor they were staying on All of their father's except Aspen were waiting in the hallway of their hotel room. With Marisol and a man with violet coloured eyes and long white hair. He looked more angry than even their dads looked right now.

Marisol had her incident clipboard in her hands, fake glasses on, and a precious metal with inlaid gems pen at the ready. "Gentlemen, it seems we all need to have a conversation regarding the massive, interstate incident this evening. Mr. " Marisol broke the silence,  gesturing towards the stranger, "Will be acting as the representative on behalf of The Council this evening." Giving a name for the stranger in the group.

August realized the entire floor seemed to be vacant, there were no other sounds nearby, no television, no talking, nothing. Alex and August looked at each other. This was a very bad development.

Marisol didn't need to bring a witch with her to make sure Alex and August were not secretly communicating. Between Holland, Max and Caspian, along with the four wolves in the room nothing was going to be missed between the twins tonight. Having already endured one verbal beating that was more than deserved from Binh, the twins were ready to accept more punishment. The memory of their mate motionless in a hospital bed. A tube down her throat breathing for her. The sound of her heart broken sobs after hearing that she would not be walking on her own any time soon.

Instead of their hotel room, Alex and August were instead pulled into a bland beige conference room in the hotel. Marisol looking like the cat that ate the canary as she arranged several pages from her clipboard in front of her. The tension in the room was smothering Alex and August as they waited for someone to yell at them. Outline all the rules they had broken. Spell out their punishment. Anything but the silence. Alex shifted in his chair beside August. Alex was not great at handling pressure. Hated feeling uncomfortable.

No one spoke, the tension continued to grow. Alex and August looked at each other. Their wolves standing back, already in full submission to the pack Beta, and their fathers and the legendary wolf Einherjar. The wolves were uncertain if their foolish human's knew they were in the company of a literal legend, they certainly were not going to tell Alex or August. The wolves had only given into their natures, Alex and August were supposed to manage human rules and expectations.

Instead the twins had let them run unchecked, encouraged them to behave like animals. The wolves could be forgiven, they had scented their mate, known she had been with vampires. Their instincts as animals had been strong as was only natural. But instincts did not always serve. Should not be the first response. The twins should have tempered the base animal instinct.

Unbeknownst to Alex and August, their wolves were already negotiating a suitable punishment for them. Caspian interjected with a creative suggestion for punishment. Having spent decades now learning how to best embarrass and bother Holland. Every father and wolf agreed to the just terms.

Marisol cleared her throat. "Am I to understand that an agreement and understanding has been reached?" She announced for Alex and August's benefit. Wolves on the verge of completing their mate bonds were a particular type of ambrosia for her demon. The aura's and twisting of the lines of fate were strong around them.

August was sound of mind enough to keep his mouth closed. Alex however was already still running too hot and too full of guilt and shame to hold himself in. "What? We didn't agree to anything." August tried to swat his hand at his brother to get him to stop and at least not make the situation any worse. Just sit down and shut up for once August willed. The giant of a man with long white hair and violet eyes stood, and a crushing aura slammed over both twins, August was pushed into his seat, but Alex went tumbling to the floor as he was caught off guard.