37

Ariel looked at the vampire who was willing to pay more money than she had dared to even dream of ever having all at once just to feed from her tonight. She needed the money. Money would make so many things easier for her.

Give her the ability to repay the kindness that had been shown to her. Make things even between her and those she knew. Give her some breathing room, a chance to catch her breath and stop running as fast as she could. Bring a fancy coffee for Tyrone from the espresso bar he liked, replace what she had burned at Binh's, go out with Beth-Ann or Kit or Monique when they offered without counting and considering every dollar to her name before deciding she couldn't risk to expense.

She needed this money. Was going to see this through. Ariel was going to make sure that she could take care of herself. The vampire smiled at her, in a way that was the opposite of disarming. "Come, let our transaction occur in privacy." He offered his hand out to her, attempting a seduction.

No. Everything in Ariel's body screamed no. Never ever, not again go with a stranger to a second location. Not unless a raven gave his approval and there was nothing approving about anything Ariel was doing tonight from Three Hours Past Midnight. Deluca was unaware of her inner monologue with herself and her raven. "Where tonight could be truly special for both of us." The vampire offered, so gently. So certain his overture would be accepted.

Except she was unmoved. "No, you've paid, I've been waiting. I'm ready." Ariel said, feigning confidence and self determination.

Deluca continued to smile at his little treat. Stubborn thing, full of fire. The baku watching from the wings. Two wolves sniffing at the door, and the rotten stink of Gisella's magic lingering on her like tar. Deluca had met that particular witch nearly a century ago, she had apparently managed to hold on which could only mean dark, forbidden magiks were at play. Not even he had dared openly dance at that kind of party.

Nodding. The lingering traces of Gisella certainly meant his prize was not ignorant, an extra pity for himself. "Here it is then, wrist or throat?" Smiling darkly, The baku was certainly not going to meet needs that were best fulfilled at night between sheets, Deluca could give her all that the dream eater wouldn't. An Asexual demon seemed like a affront against nature. All she had to do was allow him the chance to show her proper carnal pleasure.

Except he saw her reaction to his attempts at seduction, and knew she would not budge. No matter, her blood would taste sweet no matter when or how he sampled it. Live, warm, and fresh from the source. Humming with her new magic "You can make the bite not be obvious?" His dinner asked him. Her face was too narrow, her eyes looking too wideset for her to be considered pretty in his estimation.

Deluca smiled, she was probably as delicate as a Faberge egg. "I will heal the bite tonight such that it never existed. No one will be able to know by sight what you and I have shared tonight." He promised her. Meaning every word. He would settle to only taste her blood and magic on his tongue. For tonight at least.

She was going to leave him longing. Fantasies of licking her fresh cum from her slit. His head pressed between her warm thighs, hearing her heartbeat driving blood through her body. Her magic humming in the air, Deluca found himself stirred to desire such an evening in the flesh. Wanting to taste all of her. Her blood sustaining him. Her sweat, tears, and cum exciting his palate as he made her body feel things it had never known before.

He saw her consider, baring her throat for him. Deluca approached her. She flinched under his touch as he moved her hair out of the way. Trailing a cold nose along her skin. Fangs descending, face of his demon fully pushing forward as he sank his teeth into her skin. She had not reacted to the pain of his bite. His touch had been more dangerous to her. For such a breakable looking flower, she wasn't fragile. Her blood and magic flowed into him. The burning sensation of fire magic, her blood hot in his mouth. She tasted of magic, and fire, and warmth like nights around a cozy hearth with family, something familiar.

He wanted her. Deluca was about to nic his tongue on his fang and lathe one final lick along her skin to seal the wound and her to him for a scant few days when the damn Baku appeared yanking Deluca back from the witch. "You had your feed, transaction complete." Deluca's own demon standing down. Clearly out ranked in strength and connections. Megara returned, and was glad to see that someone had stopped the aged vampire from trying to link himself to the witch who clearly only came in for a pay day.

Ariel looked at Binh in shock, her face turning bright red in shame when she saw him. Outnumbered and uncertain what tricks a damn dream eater was supposed to have Deluca left without causing a scene, it was the only blood bar in town and moving house to a new city was always such an ordeal. Deluca grumbled that with the amount he paid he should be entitled to stalk her for just a few days while his blood worked through her system.

Megara watched the aged vampire walk away. Glad Deluca behaved himself. Profits at the club would greatly suffer if they had needed to revoke his membership. "You should leave through the side door, there appears to be a slight security issue at the front door with some wolves." Megara let 'Jenny' know.

Binh looked at Ariel, and did not understand her shame at being seen here, she had been determined on her way here. He did not understand her at all and it was marvellous to behold all her contradictions. "Would you like to head home? My car is parked by the door she suggested." Binh offered Ariel. Glad when she nodded. Ensured she had all of her things, including a thick envelope of her payment secured in her bag. To her it was an entire fortune.

She had been so excited, and scared. The bite didn't hurt, barely a pinch. Well worth what she had been paid. Binh had seen her entire body relax when she had received the cash. Looked at it in person, eyes wide in shock to see so many hundred dollar bills all lined up in neat banded bundles.

Binh had also seen how his presence had made her feel such deep shame at being caught here tonight. Then she had also been glad he was here to take her home. "Why did you grab Deluca?" Ariel asked once they were both inside his vintage car, heading back to his apartment building.

Binh grimaced, "He was going to use his blood to heal the bite. Which would link him to you, for a few days." He did not enjoy talking about bodily fluids. So biological.

Ariel turned her head and looked out the window, she had no idea that was a risk when donating to a vampire. She had a sinking feeling the supernatural education she had while with Gisella, was not going to be very helpful for her in the real world.

While Binh tried to understand Ariel, Ariel felt dumb and childish over her get rich quick scheme that could have ended up with a super old vampire able to hunt her down. She needed to slow down. She needed to read her magic book, and learn more. She vowed, now that she could live comfortably for a while, she would put more time into her newly acquired magic. Get smarter. Get stronger. She would not be a victim ever again.

Just as they had known the moment she left the demons warded area and where she had gone. Alex and August knew instantly when she had left the club through another door and got in a car. They also knew where she lived.

Careless of anything but arranging a chance to try and see her, they both shifted. Running through the city, causing accidents in intersections as they went. Changing traffic flow, and causing delays.

Eventually their chaos had the desired effect, Binh had needed to change his route to avoid getting stuck in the gridlock indefinitely. Leaving the sanctuary territory. Alex and August were waiting. No one expected how badly Ariel would take seeing them again.

She saw the two wolves, and instantly knew they were not normal wolves. Her magic was loudly trying to tell her a message she did not understand. She had already felt stupid and like she had risked herself tonight. She wasn't in a good head space to face what she considered a threat to everything she was.

Ariel had screamed, causing Binh to lose concentration on the road. Watching horrified as Ariel opened the car door that had no safety features or automatic locks to prevent such an action. Rolling on the rough pavement from inertia as she landed. Binh slammed on the brakes as she tried to get up from the blacktop.

Another car ramming into Binh's trunk, the sound of metal crumpling filling the air. Everyone screaming or howling out as a car that did not see the accident in time hit Ariel. Her small, body being flung up over the hood. The windshield of the car became spiderwebs of cracks as she hit it. Her body rolling up as the car kept moving forward underneath her. Landing hard on the pavement.

She wasn't moving. The whole area was still. Two wolf howls echoing out into the night.