The beginning of chaos

I arrived at the cave man for another day of work as usual and when I leave the elevator I come across Ray thrown on the couch filling himself with ice cream and many other sweets. Charlotte is at the command table, having all her attention on her cell phone.

- What's going on here? - I ask confused, but not so surprised, because something weird is always happening around here.

- Ray... - She says slowly. So she gets up from her chair and walks towards me.

Still don't understand anything, I'm going to meet Charlotte, waiting for her to finally tell me what's going on. She whispers cautiously: "no one can stand him anymore"

- Hey, what are you whispering? - Ray grumbles scaring us. Until then he had ignored my presence, he seemed to be focused on finishing that ice cream.

- Hm, what? - I speak as if I hadn't listened.

- You two were whispering something and... - He repeats impatiently and at this very moment the elevator opens and Jasper appears with a bucket of something in his hand.

- I found it - Jasper screams panting, handing the little bucket to Ray.

- I thought you would never arrive - Replies Ray angry. So he opens the bucket and it's just more ice cream.

Charlotte pokes me and points to Ray with her head, or rather she is ordering me to talk to him. Without understanding anything and still very confused, I sit on the couch.

- So Ray, what happened? - I say going straight to the point. I keep staring at him waiting for the answer. He grumbles and murmurs inaudible things.

- Captain Man received this as a gift from the couple I saved yesterday - He speaks strangely, as if he were not Captain Man. So he takes a role and plays it on the table - They were rich and very kind - He murmurs this fact as if it were relevant.

I take the paper and see what it is. I analyze it once again, because I don't believe what I'm seeing.

– Calm down, did they pay you seven days at the best resort in Hudson? - I say without believing it. Hudson is the closest big city to Sweelview - But what do you mean? I don't understand... what about Kid Danger? Didn't you receive anything? - Apparently they didn't remember me, once again... always that.

- You weren't even there and none of this matters, I really won't be able to go - Ray grumbles like a child who has his toy taken. He fills the spoon with ice cream and eats everything.

– How can you not go? It's the best resort - I say without believing his words. And I put great emphasis on the "best resort".

- I saw - He screams frustrated - Did you forget that I'm Captain Man? I can't leave the city for seven days - he declares angry.

- And I'm Kid Danger and I'm going to be in the city, I can take care of everything by myself by se-t-t - I say the obvious and before I finish speaking Ray starts laughing exaggeratedly.

- Oh you're so funny Kid - He talks filling himself with more ice cream.

- Henry seems to have been serious - Jasper who was listening to everything in silence says.

– Uhurum - Ray says he is trying hard not to laugh, because his mouth was full of ice cream.

I can't believe Ray thought I was joking. I can take care of everything by myself.

- Man, but I was serious - I say and he starts laughing again, spitting ice cream in every corner - Then man how disgusting - I get up quickly and move away from the couch.

- Henry, you can't be serious, you won't be able to take care of the city for that long - He talks recovering from his exaggerated laughter.

- I certainly can - I mean seriously. Ray gets up and starts staring at me.

- No, you wouldn't be able to - He speaks with all the certainty of the world. Irritating me more. I close my eyes for a few seconds and breathe.

- Jasper, what do you think? - I ask when I see him watching our whole conversation.

- Of course Henry can - He says for sure. The same then walks up to me and stands next to me, as a form of support or I don't know why.

- That's it Jasper - I say confident and I look back at Ray as if I had won this discussion.

- Charlotte, what do you think? - Ray asks, making us turn to Charlotte who was at the command table in silence.

- It's Charlotte, say it - I say looking at her. That would definitely be on my side.

She seemed to think a little or she was just stalling us. So finally talk

– Yeah.... So Henry - It's that usual tone of disagreement.

– Aaah not Charlotte - I scream in disbelief. She starts talking about the countless arguments and we just ignore it and go back to the discussion.

- You see, she agrees with me, come to my side Charlotte - Ray calls her making a movement with his hands. Charlotte seems totally disinterested and maybe angry because we always cut her.

- No, I'm not going - She says dryly and goes back to messing with her cell phone.

- Anyway, I'm right - Ray says pointing at himself and blinks his eye at me.

– I bet I can take care of the city in these seven days - I say emphasizing the "bet".

- You didn't say that - Ray says discredited.

I gesture my hands as I say: - I just said - I speak every word clearly.

- Okay then, you bet - He speaks easily accepting my proposal, as I thought. So we shake hands.

I hear Charlotte speak and her tone contains a little despair:

– What? What do you mean? You can't do that - She gets up in a hurry from the chair and shows up in front of Ray - Ray, you're not serious, are you?

- I said yes, I'm going to pack my suitcase - He answers with peace of mind. And it starts going towards the stairs.

Charlotte screams for Ray several times, waiting for him to stop and listen to his various arguments. But Ray just kept going up the stairs completely ignoring her. Until the toothed door closes and she turns and stares at me with her furious eyes.

- Henry you can't do that - Charlotte says trying to stay calm. I take a few steps back preparing for anything to come.

So I take courage and say: - When I can I'll throw it in your face and Ray's that I'm right - I raise my hand and then Jasper hits.

Charlotte takes a deep breath and says: - I give up - She just goes towards the elevator and calls him. While Jasper and I are celebrating my victory, which is already certain.