Total despair

Making an effort, I can enter my room through the window. I feel every muscle hurt. I throw myself in bed and lie down for a few minutes just resting. The last six days have been very difficult, with the departure of Captain Man the theft rate increased, I fought with guys I've never seen before. Every day, there is a robbery or a guy trying to do something crazy, as usual in Swellview. Just remembering that tomorrow is my last day fighting alone, it cheers me up and makes me wonder why I made this stupid bet.

Stupid bet that I'm going to win and throw it in the face of Ray and Charlotte... Oh right!! I have to tell her that I'm alive. I get out of bed and pick up my cell phone and see that there are countless missed calls from her, I call her.

- Hi Char, I'm fine, I'm already at home - I say with the little strength I have left.

- Then thank you for letting me know now - Your tone is calm - I thought you were DEAD - She screams almost making me deaf. I notice in your tone of voice concern and irritation. I push my cell phone away a little after the scare and talk to her again.

– I'm sorry, I'm dead tired, as soon as the police arrived I just came straight home - I justify myself, while I try to stay awake.

– Okay Henry, go rest, tomorrow is the last day of this silly bet - Your tone of voice this time is just irritation. I don't even protest because she hangs up the call herself.

I lie in bed again and only then do I remember that I'm still like Kid Danger. So I get a ball of chewing gum and a man.

...

- Last day, last day - I repeat this low as I go down the stairs - Good morning Piper - The greeting trying to keep my good mood and obviously she's weird.

- Good morning... are you okay? - She asks, but she seems to get the answer by itself - Oh, it's... Today is the last day of that ridiculous bet.

I keep thinking about what to answer, but I just give up and leave. I arrive at the Man Cave and find Jasper, Schwoz and Charlotte talking.

- Iaaae - I say it with a huge smile. They answer me anyway and keep talking.

I sit on the couch with them and keep trying to understand the conversation. Basically Schwoz was trying to explain something about science to Jasper. I stopped paying attention to half the explanation.

I get up from the table and give a scream: - Either, or or, - They all look at me - Let's go to work, Ray arrives tomorrow and this here needs is in order - I try to look as serious as possible. The three keep looking at me with a face of disinterest.

- Let's go... Jasper will take care of the store, Schwoz where is that new weapon you were inventing and Charlotte will mess with the computers and do what you always do - I give the orders quickly, trying to make my best imitation of Ray.

- I'm going chef - Jasper says getting up and going to the elevator. And only then do I remember that the store only opens in the afternoon.

- Your new weapon is almost ready - Schwoz speaks strangely excited. He gets into the tube and goes down.

I'm waiting for Charlotte to say something, but she hates receiving orders. I gesture my hands as if I were messing with a computer. With her face closed, she gets up and goes to the command table. The morning at the Man Cave was quiet, I even raised hopes that today there would be no crimes, but it wasn't quite like that. We were all together watching Judge Dog and then the alarm started ringing. Charlotte went to check what it was.

- It's a message - She speaks and then starts reading - A robbery just happened in that electronics store.

- Okay, I've been waiting for this all day, time to chew - I get off the couch and get the gum in my pocket.