Forever by your side

Henry Hart

Before we finally go home, we left Blake with the police. I thought it would be better to give it to Captain man, we could even see our versions of this dimension since we are leaving, but Charlotte thought it was better to leave it with the police, she was in a hurry to be home. After that, we went to an empty street. Charlotte starts opening a portal in front of us and there is no way to be sure it worked, we will only know when we cross.

- Shall we go? - She asks. Your look goes from Jasper to me. I just agree and then the three of us crossed the portal together.

This time, we are not in that usual alley of the city, we are inside the Man Cave. I hear the elevator open, I turn to look and see Ray and Schwoz. As soon as they notice our presence, they freeze in an expression of shock.

– Ray? Schwoz? - I call them, not being sure if we are in our dimension.

- Will you come back to me? - Ray asks, almost not being able to speak. And before we say something, it runs towards us and grabs us. Hugging us or rather, crushing us.

- Okay, Ray! - I hear Charlotte's muffled voice. I hit Ray's shoulder and finally he lets us go.

- Are you all right? - Schwoz approaches a little worried.

- They are, I told you! - Ray exclaims confidently. He looks at the three of us, this time analyzing us - They are... half finished, but well.

Charlotte without saying a word goes towards the couch and sits down, Jasper and I do the same. I've never felt so relieved in my life.

- Aaah and before I forget - Announces Ray excited. The same stops in front of the couch and stares at me - I was right! - He exclaims totally excited. I had even forgotten the bet we had made.

- Yes, you were - I agree and that seems to shock him. After all these crazy dimensions and confusions, this no longer has any importance to me.

– Is that it? Aren't you going to contradict me, or anything? - Asks him disappointed.

- It was a stupid bet, I should have listened to Char - I look at her who is next to me and she looks at me as if she said "yes, you should have listened to me"

– Good... That's it, I came out victorious in the end, that's what matters - Ray speaks and I know something is coming next - I prepared a speech of course.

There it is, I knew it. Ray starts with his victorious speech, he loves to be right, this is Ray. I can't believe I'm at home, that makes Ray's speech less torturous.

I was no longer paying attention to Ray and then, Charlotte leans on my shoulder and if there was any attention left of mine, it certainly went to the moon or rather... to Charlotte herself. I started to get nervous just because she was by my side... Did she notice? No... I don't think so and if she's enjoying... No, obviously not, she doesn't see me that way. What do I do? Do I need to do anything? And if I ignore these feelings, maybe they disappear and everything will be normal again.

- I can't believe Charlotte slept! - Exclaims Ray angry, making me go back to reality.

- Ray we are tired - Says Jasper falling asleep. I agree trying to move as little as possible so as not to wake Charlotte up.

– Okay, okay... Rest a little, you are destroyed, you can't come back home like this - Ray says.

– What did you say to our parents? How much time has passed? - I ask quietly, remembering these details.

- You were away for two days - Ray explains and I control myself not to move - I told your parents that I had sent you to the neighboring city for work.

- Did they believe it? - I ask in disbelief.

– Piper helped confirm the story for her parents... Charlotte's mother almost killed me, I now know why Charlotte is like that - Ray explains.

- What about my parents? - Asks Jasper and at the same time Ray widens his eyes.

- They... believed it, I lie very well - Ray responds trying to look confident, but he is clearly lying.

I run my arm over Char's shoulder very carefully, I pass my other arm under her knees even more carefully so as not to wake her up and then I lift her up.

- What are you doing? - I hear Ray ask.

- I'll put it in your bed - I speak quietly passing by it and going towards the stairs.

- In my bed? - He raises his tone of voice and I stare at him - Why didn't you leave her on the couch? - He whispers, indignant.

I ignore Ray's grumbling and go up the stairs, passing through the toothed door and after a few corridors, I get to Ray's room.

I look at Charlotte, her face is all dirty and with some bruises. I don't know what I would have done without her, I think I would be stuck in the first dimension. How she manages to be so intelligent, strong and... extremely beautiful, even with a dirty face and full of wounds... and what I admire most about her is her immense heart, she never refuses to help us when we are in danger, she always thinks of others first instead of herself.

I realize that I'm still holding her in my arms and that I got lost in my thoughts. With great care, I put it on the bed and leave the room before my thoughts fly away.

I arrive in the main room of Caverna Man and find Jasper erased on the couch, I lie down and quickly fall asleep. I wake up a little scared, because the dream I was having was chaotic. It was a mixture of all the dimensions we were in... Pure madness.

- Did you rest a lot Henry? - I take my hands off my face and see Jasper, he is enjoying the banquet he has on the table in the center of the sofa.

– Hurum – I say sleepy.

- Finally he woke up! - I hear Ray scream, he soon appears in front of us and sits on the couch - Now he tells what happened - He talks looking at Jasper.