Face to face

Charlotte Page

Since I found out that my best friend was Kid Danger, I have experienced things I never imagined, I have discovered that the world is much crazier than I thought. But I never imagined that I would meet with another version of me. I confess that it has been an interesting experience, if this meeting had happened in another situation I would be super excited, but the reality is different. I am so close to saving my best friend that he has become a villain. Nothing can take away my focus, this attempt can't go wrong.

- So Drex was right - After staring at us for seconds, these are his first words - Different dimensions and... That's crazy - He speaks a little impressed.

He takes a few steps and I'm already getting ready for the fight.

– Charlottes I'm in a good mood today – The same says going towards the couch and sitting down. I take a look at Charlotte who is on the other side of the room and she seems as lost as me - I'll give you a chance to leave - He says this with tranquility, which is already strange.

His gaze stops on me. Does he know that I'm the "real" Charlotte. I keep staring at him seriously.

- Give up Charlotte - Her feature changes quickly, her expression returns to the usual face of superiority.

I take a deep breath, look quickly at Charlotte and start on Henry, who gets up immediately and comes on top of me. I've fought with Henry several times and I ended up learning the way he fights and at the beginning of our fight we are even by match. But he starts to intensify the blows and hit me easily.

- You should have given up - He says between the blows. Charlotte is getting closer little by little and I try to keep him distracted.

The same hits me in the stomach making me stagger back and then he turns around and starts fighting with Charlotte... What a hate, he had noticed.

- Schwoz, where are the boys? - I ask while I recover from the punch.

– All busy, they appeared more expensive... Hold on a little longer - Schwoz responds and the concern in his voice is remarkable.

I take a deep breath and take the tube with liquid that will make it go out for hours. I run at him and he tries to hit me with a kick. Henry manages to fight with both of us at the same time, Charlotte seems to be tired since she received many blows from Henry, but she is as determined as I am. I have the opportunity to inject the liquid into it and for very little I can almost do it... but Henry holds my arm with all the strength he has left. The three of us are exhausted.

- You don't get tired, do you Charlotte? - He asks angry holding my arm. He looks deep into my eyes and tells me extremely arrogant - I will never be that Henry again.

These words hurt much more than any blow. He just pushes me making me fall to the ground. I fight against my own body that can no longer stand standing, my eyes stop closing, but I force them to stay open.

I can see Charlotte unconscious on the floor, she hit her head very hard. I'm looking for Henry in my field of vision but I can't find him and after a few minutes I see his feet approaching. I try to get up, but my legs don't have strength.

- You have to understand the time to stop Charlotte - I hear Henry say. I make a little effort and I can sit on the floor. The same is lowered by staying in my field of vision.

He seems to be tired, but there's something in his look that I can't understand.

- You should have given up a long time ago, forgotten me... you should have hated me Charlotte - He speaks tired.

- Don't you know me Henry? - He doesn't understand, so I continue - I'm not one to give up on anything, when I'm right I never go back.

I don't know if I believe what I see, I may have gone crazy, but he seems to smile a little, very little.

– Are you right? Of what? - He questions.

- That there are still chances of my best friend... coming back - I say looking deep into his eyes, he stares at me in silence and maybe I'm really going crazy or I'm too weak. But I can see my friend in that look, I'm sure!

He looks away and then I hold his arm with my hand and get closer to him.

- Henry please, go back to being my friend, I miss you every day - I squeeze his arm tightly, he keeps looking to the side. I get a little closer, my heart is about to come out of my mouth and then I hug it with all the strength I have.

I hear his heart racing, I can only cry because I'm so close to having him back.

- Henry please, please... come back - I repeat these words while I cry and squeeze in my hug. So I take the courage to say what I always wanted to say to him - I love him - Before I can finish talking, the same rises on the impulse.

– No! No... I don't... I'm not going back - I hear him screaming. I try a lot and I can stand up.

Henry is restless, he walks back and forth in the living room.

– Henry – I say calmly trying to get closer to him.

– Charlotte stop! – He screams. The same looks at me and his eyes are red, Henry's eyes are full of water - That's your fault! You have to stop...

- Henry calms down - I try to give tranquility, but I'm extremely nervous.

- You need to leave - He says angry.

- Look at me Henry - He can't - You're fighting against your own feelings, you know you want to go back to being who you were - I say cautiously approaching him little by little.

- No! - He screams making me stop. He rubs his hands in his eyes and then stares at me with a cold look - Your friend is dead - He says seriously.

He walks to the other side of the room and picks up something I can't recognize. He walks towards me little by little carrying something in his hand... a gun. Henry points the gun at me without hesitation, I feel my whole body freezing, his gaze is empty.

- I rolled up too much... I should have listened to Drex... to have finished with the ties once and for all - His tone is as cold as his look, I can't react.

- You won't do that - I hear my voice behind me. It would be strange, but I remember the other Charlotte. Henry looks at her with disdain.

- You don't have that courage Henry - Says Charlotte. I wish I could turn around to look at her or be able to say something, but I can't.

- You don't know me, girl! - He exclaims angry. Charlotte doesn't say anything, but from Henry's expression, I can imagine that she must have cast a defiant look at him.

What is she doing? I know she thought of something... Henry changes the direction of his gun, he now points to Charlotte.

"Do something", "move" - I scream internally. Henry starts walking towards Charlotte.

My body comes back to itself and then I run, stopping in front of Charlotte, coming face to face with Henry.

- Get out of her way! - He exclaims angry.

– No Henry, if you want to take revenge on someone it will be me. It's with me that you have to cut the ties - I look at the bottom of your eyes.

- You who know - He raises the gun again and points at me.

They say that when we are close to death, our life passes like a flash in our mind and while I stared at Henry, I remembered our memories. The playful boy he was, his terrible lies and the look he gave to say that he loved me without using words.

Henry seemed concentrated holding the gun, with no sign of hesitation. So he turns his eyes to me and I just smile at him, because I know exactly the meaning of this look. His eyes fill with tears and his hand begins to shake.

I approach slowly, lower the gun with caution and it can't resist. I look deep into his eyes and find my friend Henry. The hug with all my strength and this time he corresponds, I feel his arms wrapping me.

- No more fighting Henry... - I hear a stuffy "Hurum" from him.

I finally have my friend back.