Extremely stupid

Henry Hart

Charlotte and I are totally worn out. This last dimension was more complicated than we imagined. So we decided to rest a little in the alley where we always appear, since neither of us have the strength to do anything. I feel pain all over my body, the impact of the fall was very strong, I was lucky not to have broken anything. I know that Charlotte is also in pain, the beat she gave against the wall was strong, but that doesn't worry her at the moment. Because your thoughts are too far away. She didn't even realize that I was watching her for a long time.

She is very worried, I know she avoids showing this, but I know her well to realize it just by watching her. I know that her thoughts must be a thousand and for sure she is mulling the words said by the other Charlotte. I'm even doing that. The words she said keep repeating themselves in my mind. "Egoist", "Full of himself"... Maybe I'm not that good friend... That's all I can think of. After a long time, Charlotte seems to come back to herself and then she looks at me and I just give a weak smile as an answer. She gets up with difficulty and when I get up I feel a horrible pain in my back.

- Do we continue with the plan? - I ask her. And the same takes a long time to answer.

- We need to rest a little and eat something... - After thinking a little she answers. I feel tired in your voice.

– Even better – I just confirm, because it's the best thing to do at the moment.

We decided to go to a coffee maker that we never went to, because we don't want to bump into our versions of this dimension and start a mess.

- They have pancakes! - I say and I keep reading the menu - I already know what I'm going to order, have you decided, Charlotte?

I look at her and see her with the menu in hand, but with her head somewhere else.

- Hey! - I shake my hand in front of her calling your attention - Stop thinking a little and choose what you'll want - Sounds almost like an order.

- It's just that... never mind - She gives up telling and goes back to reading the menu.

– I'll want a coffee with sugar and... a piece of this chocolate cake – Charlotte decides quickly.

- How boring your choice, I'll want pancakes and a strawberry juice - I say.

- Wow, how surprising - The tone of irony in your voice is extremely annoying. She still laughs, because she knows I hate it when she's ironic with me.

I ignore her irony and say: - Let's make our order will... - I look around trying to find the attendant. I see her in the distance and call her.

- Good afternoon, what is your request? - The girl greets us sympathetically.

– Good afternoon, I'll want a piece of this chocolate cake – Charlotte says showing it on the menu – And a strong coffee with sugar, please.

The girl writes down Charlotte's request and turns to write down mine. But when she looks at me, her expression changes, does she seem surprised? I don't know how to identify it very well.

– I'll want pancakes and a strawberry juice – I say my order. She is distracted for a few seconds, but when she comes back to herself she writes down the request very quickly.

- In a few minutes I'll deliver your request - She speaks before leaving.

– Did you see how she looked at me? It was weird - I whisper to Charlotte.

– What do you mean? I didn't notice anything - Charlotte speaks a little lost.

– She made a face of surprise... I don't know, it was weird.

- Do you know her? - Charlotte asks and I just deny it with my head - Are you sure? Your memory is very bad...

- Hey, I'm sure it is! - I say I'm feeling a little insulted.

– Forget it... You know what I was thinking... - Charlotte speaks and by her tone I know that more complicated questions or a crazy theory come - When the girl said good afternoon, I was trying to understand how the weather works, because we left our dimension in the afternoon and we are already in the... sixth dimension? It should already be night, right? Or is time different in each dimension? - She starts to speak faster and I get lost in the subject.

- Charlotte stop it - I interrupt her - I can't keep up with your reasoning.

– Yes, you can! If you listened to me for the beginning of the conversation - Aah, not that again. She always finds an opportunity to say that I don't listen to her. And I was ready to argue with her once again, but she starts looking strangely at something behind me.

- What was it? - I ask, trying hard not to turn back.

- There are some girls looking a lot here and laughing... and they are coming towards us - Charlotte looks away and picks up the menu trying to disguise it.

– Excuse me – I hear a female voice and then I turn to look. There are three girls I've never seen in my life looking at me - Henry, I can't believe you're here - The redhead girl speaks.

I look at her trying to remember where I know her, but I'm sure I've never seen her before.

– It's... I'm here - It's the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

- Could you take a picture with us? - Another girl asks very quickly and the other two scold her. I look at Charlotte and she looks as lost as I do.

- Eeh... yes, why not - I answer totally awkwardly.

- Can you take it out for us? - The redhead asks extending her cell phone to Charlotte.

- Of course - Charlotte answers.

- Are you Henry's new girlfriend? - The youngest girl asks.

– No! – Charlotte responds quickly.

Charlotte takes the picture and the girls thank her. And before leaving the redhead girl says: - See you later at the Cave Man party, bye Kid.

- Hmm? - I try to understand what she just said.

– Kid? – Charlotte speaks surprise – Cave Party Man? I feel that Henry of this dimension doesn't think much...

Charlotte and I were arguing about all this and once in a while people showed up wanting to take pictures. As soon as we finished eating, we went out towards Cave Man to try to understand all this.

We entered the trinkets and found a very strong man, wearing a black suit, standing on the store counter. I keep my head down avoiding looking at him and hoping not to be recognized.

- We came to the party - Charlotte says trying to be serious.

- Invitations? - Your voice is extremely thick.

- Aah then... - Charlotte pulls me by the arm - He's Kid Danger and I'm his guest.

I raise my head and nod to the man.