A bad possibility

Henry Hart

Charlotte and I are totally tired, I feel like I've been fighting villains all day. My body seems heavier and heavier and I feel a horrible pain in my head. I imagine Charlotte is feeling the same, no matter how much she avoids showing it. We are exhausted, we need to rest a little or else I will have a collapse. Charlotte barely speaks, that means that she has a thousand thoughts. I even think about bringing up the subject, but I conclude that it is not a good time. With the little strength I have left, I keep thinking about what we will do. We both urgently need a rest, even if it's for a few minutes. By the time it seems that the sun is already going to set and at that time there is always someone at my house and probably at Charlotte's house too. I can't think of anywhere else.

Well... there's the city park that is a public place... I think it's our only option. I tell Charlotte waiting for her to disagree and say a better idea, but to my surprise, she just agrees and we went to the park. As soon as we arrive, I throw myself on the grass and give myself the luxury of not thinking about anything for a few minutes. I open my eyes and see Charlotte sitting next to me, staring at the sunset. Her look is totally vague, she seems to be very far away. Seeing her like this causes me a regret... I shouldn't have asked for help, I should have faced it alone.

I get up, standing side by side with her. I think about what I mean and form the sentence in my head and then I say:

- Char, you need to leave - She takes a long time to have a reaction. She turns to me and looks at me seeming not to understand.

– Although? What do you mean Henry... - She questions.

I look into your eyes and say: - You need to go back to our reality.

She shakes her head in disagreement and says: - I won't leave you alone Henry, you know that! - She says, increasing her tone of voice.

– Yes! I know you're stubborn, but Char... - She goes back to face the sky and I stop talking waiting for her to look at me again and she turns her gaze to me very reluctantly - I'm asking you to come back, please - I practically beg her.

He closes his eyes strongly and denies it with his head

- No Henry, I can't - She opens her eyes and declares with conviction.

- Aaaarg, you're so stubborn... - I grumble taking my hands to my face.

- Henry is being difficult with both of us here, imagine doing it alone - She speaks and I know she's right. Doing this alone seems terrible, but I don't want Charlotte to go crazy.

- I can get it... - I say uncertain. - You're tired and need...

- You are too! - She exclaims, interrupting me - I'm not leaving, so forget it... We need to find Jasper, we have to be worried about that.

- I know... I'm worried about him.. and about you - I look at her in an attempt to make her change her mind.

- Hen, I'm fine - She says, not convincing me at all - You asked for my help, remember? You know you need me here - She speaks in a comical tone trying to lighten the mood.

- Convinced and stubborn - I say making her roll her eyes.

- Okay, seriously now, we need to be faster, so let's go straight to the Cave Man - She says that and then gets up very willing.

- And when we get there? - I ask trying hard to get up.

- Aaah... we improvised something - She answers.

And at this very moment we both heard a scream, I try to hear where it is coming from and we conclude that it comes from the center of the park. We walk towards the noise and people run desperate for us.

- What's going on... - I look at Charlotte, who is as confused as I am.

We keep walking and from a distance I can see that there are three people fighting. We got a little closer, enough to recognize the faces of the three. It's Jasper, Charlotte and I, fighting.

Jasper goes over my version of this dimension, the two exchange several blows. Jasper seems to know very well what he is doing, the punches he gives are very good, even if he has not been able to hit any because my version deviated from everyone very quickly, I could not see the movements he made that is, he has the power of hypermutability.

Henry begins to give more aggressive blows and Jasper manages to dodge them very well. He bends down to dodge another punch and when he gets up he hits a hook on Henry's face that staggers a little. Jasper advances to attack again, but my version deviates at the exact moment, hitting a kick in the back of Jasper who falls with the blow.

- Charlotte, what is this? - I ask, in shock with the whole scene

- I have no idea - She responds as astonished as I am.

Jasper remains on the ground and Henry goes to Charlotte, the two say something and obviously we can't hear. Then little by little, the two get closer to each other and start fighting. Charlotte also fights very well, her blows are precise, even with the fast movements of my version, she hits him several times.

- She's very good - I hear Charlotte talk.

The fight is still intense. They seem to know how to fight each other. After several blows, Charlotte begins to show fatigue, my version hit several blows on her. I'm surprised that she's still standing. Then my version hits her belly, making her fall on her knees on the floor.

I kept trying to understand why the three of them were fighting, would it be a training? But the fight seemed to get brutal with each new blow. So when I saw Charlotte falling on her knees on the floor, dying in pain, I just ran towards her, it was an impulse.

– Heeenry – I hear Charlotte scream behind me.

I give a push on my version making it fall and I end up falling along. I get up a little astonished and see that he stares at me, analyzing me from head to toe.

- What is that? - He speaks already clenching his fists.

Now that I'm close, I can see it better. What catches my attention are the two scars on his face, one on his forehead and the other on his chin. He wears a uniform that resembles Kid Danger, but in black and gray. The expression on your face is extremely serious.

- Who are you? - He asks increasing his tone of voice.

- I'm you from another dimension - I tell the truth, but the same doesn't seem to believe it. I'm already getting ready for an attack.

- I don't care who you are! - He speaks with arrogance leaving at me. He arrives very fast and already punches me in the shoulder and I feel the impact. It does much more than a normal punch would hurt.

- Why you l-fighted with... them - I say while I try to hit him with my blows, but he deviates from everyone very easily.

He ignores me and continues to dodge my attacks. We move away from each other and I see him taking something out of his pocket... a small knife and it scares me, he's not kidding.