Jealousy and discussions

Charlotte Page

And once again Henry and I are in a new dimension and we are both exhausted from this same cycle. My body and mind are overloaded, I don't even know how I'm standing yet. In addition, this time, which seems to be different in each dimension, makes me extremely confused. The desire I have is just to rest, but then I remember Jasper. We have no idea where he is and what he is going through, every minute can make a difference. There is no option to give up, we have to find our friend.

Henry and I talked and decided to do it differently this time, we need to be faster, but still cautious. Our plan is to go straight to the trinkets since it seems to be very early around here - I went to check the time on my cell phone and only then did I find out that our cell phone does not work in different dimensions - We will wait from afar until one of our versions arrives and depending on how it happens we have several alternatives of what to do.

- I hope this works out - I hear Henry talking. We are both watching the entrance of the Bugigangas from afar - If we don't, we go out entering the Caverna Man and...

- Shiii - I see Henry and Jasper arriving at the Trinket - Look there - I recommend it to Henry.

- Okay, what now? - He asks.

- I go there, I pass by Charlotte of this dimension and without them noticing I connect the device and then leave - I explain my idea.

- What if your version is already in there or if we hate each other in this dimension? - Henry questions making me think about these possibilities.

- Let's count on luck this time - I say - Pass me the device there - Henry hands me the device and I'll go towards the trinkets. I meet Jasper and Henry talking at the store.

- Iae gente - I mean, trying to act as natural as possible. They both greet me.

- I thought you would come later today - Henry says.

- Aaah... I changed my mind - I answer the first thing I think. Henry looks at me strangely, almost as if he were detecting my lie.

- Did you decide not to go see your boyfriend anymore? - Henry asks me super suspiciously. I try not to show how shocked I am. So I walk around the store pretending to be looking for something.

- Yeah... I decided - I answer by trying hard to be convincing.

- Don't tell us you broke up with Jack! - Exclaims Jasper in distress. Jack... Jack Swagger? I can't believe I'm dating him.... Well, it actually makes a little sense.

- No Jasper! - I answer quickly - It's just that... we scheduled to meet later - I invent an explanation to Jasper who sighs relieved to hear.

- Let's go to Cave Man go... - Henry speaks impatiently and then the three of us go to the elevator.

The door opens and we found Ray and Schwoz sitting on the sofa of the Man Cave, the two were arguing about something, probably a silly subject.

- Raay - I say when I see him. The same seems strange to my excitement, so I try to disguise it - And Schwoz... - It's been so long since I've seen Ray that I ended up getting excited when I saw him. I wonder how Ray must be now... freaking out for sure.

- Weren't you going to come later because of your boyfriend? - Ray asks.

- We changed the time - I'll answer.

- When are you going to introduce him to us? - Ray speaks signaling to him and Schwoz.

- Why would I introduce him to my boss and his strange friend? - I ask.

- I've already told you that I want to make sure he's a nice guy... five minutes of conversation and I find out about it - Ray speaks confidently, as if this "skill" of his was something great.

- He is! - Jasper says before I say anything - He said I was cool and funny... - Jasper says that extremely happy.

And that makes me smile. Not because of what Jasper says, but because of his own way. I miss my silly and fun friend. It's strange to see Jasper near me and not be the one I'm looking for.

- Is he really that cool Henry? - Ray asks, doubting Jasper's statement. Henry had been silent all this time, he didn't seem interested in the conversation.

- Eh... Jasper exaggerated, he's not that cool - Henry speaks with a certain contempt.

- What? - I question staring at Henry.

- Ah Charlotte, I've already told you that... - He responds a little angry. Why did he talk to me like that?

- If I'm dating him, it's because he's a nice guy - I say it with conviction. Yes, I'm defending my own version. First that Henry's strange way is annoying me and second, I must be right.

- Sometimes you didn't notice... - Henry speaks quietly, but I can still hear it.

- What did you say? - I cross my arms and keep staring at Henry.

- Hey, hey, look at the spirits - Ray gets up from the couch - Let's keep calm - He talks looking directly at me.

- I'm super calm - I say and go straight to the control table.

- Me too - I hear Henry say.

I stay at the control table, waiting for everyone to leave and little by little this is happening. Henry who is the only one left goes to the bathroom and it is at this very moment that I connect the device.

- Fast, fast - I repeat as I look at the screen that soon lights up and seconds later a phrase appears on the screen. "The target is not here." I remove the device and get up from the chair - I hope you are well Jasper... - I whisper and call the elevator.

- Are you going already? - I'm scared by Henry's voice.

- Yeah... I'm going to the trinkets - I'll answer. The elevator arrives, but before I try to get in, Henry speaks.

- Char, are you angry with me? - He asks making me turn towards him.

- I'm not - I answer without understanding the reason for the question and then I remember what happened minutes ago - But... I'd like to know why you don't like Jack? - I'm curious to understand that.

- We've already tried to have this conversation and it didn't end very well... - From the face he did, it must have been very ugly.

- Let's try this time... I'll try not to get angry with you - I say approaching the couch.

- I think that's kind of impossible, but.... - He speaks in a comical tone. The same sits on the couch and I do the same. We are face to face, it even seems that we are going to discuss some great cause.

- Tell me your arguments - I pretend a false seriousness.

- Well... In the few opportunities I had to talk to Jack, he proved to be a little convinced and very... arrogant - Henry says everything with a lot of caution, thinking about every word to be said - He can be kind to you, for you he pretends to be someone he is not - Henry is serious and I hear everything in silence - He is not a good boy for you Char...