The end of immense chaos

Charlotte Page

It's a lot of information to process, the city is in complete chaos. Nothing of this level has ever happened here in Swellview. Anywhere I look at, there's some confusion. After the shock of seeing the city like this, I turn to Henry who watches everything as shocked as I was.

- Henry, we need to find Jasper! - I scream trying to get his attention. The same turns in my direction a little confused.

– OK! But, and all that - He speaks pointing to the chaos of the city.

- We can't waste any more time - I say to be honest - It's horrible to see the city like this, but we can't miss Jasper again.

Henry faces all the confusion once again, I know it is difficult to see our city this way and I also know that he wants to help, but we need to find Jasper.

He looks back at me and says: - Where do we start?

Our whole plan went to waste with all this confusion. I try to think as fast as I can, but all this noise doesn't help at all.

– Henry... I don't know, there's all this confusion going on... - I say in a louder tone for him to listen to me.

- We can look for him in the middle of it - Henry says looking at the confusion.

Henry and I crossed the street very carefully, looking everywhere trying to find Jasper. Then a very desperate girl bumps into us.

– Girl – I hold her arm calling your attention – Calm down, calm down – I say quickly trying to calm her down – What's going on here?

- Let me go! - She pushes me - You're crazy! We have to get out of here!!– She screams altered and runs away.

Henry and I keep looking for Jasper, but it is impossible to look for someone in such chaos, there are people running everywhere and from what I managed to observe, there are criminals scattered around the city destroyed everything they find in front of them.

I hold Henry's arm, making him stop.

- What is it? - He screams.

- Let's separate, it will be easier! - I scream for him to hear.

– What? Have you gone crazy? - Henry speaks agitated.

- I'm going to the trinkets and you to your house, it's going to be faster, Jasper shouldn't be around here - I say trying to explain it in the simplest way to Henry. He denies it with his head.

- Charlotte, the city is like this, it's too dangerous - He says showing concern.

- I know how to defend myself! - I exclaim angry - Go to your house - I scream and turn to go in the direction of the trinkets, but as soon as I turn around, I don't take any more steps. There are three guys approaching us.

- Go back - Henry speaks passing in front of me. He goes towards the three of them and starts fighting with them.

At that moment I take my backpack off my back and take one of the laser weapons. I aim at the strongest man and hit him, not having any effect, but drawing his attention. So before he reaches me, I hit it three times, making the same pass out to my relief.

Someone pulls me by the backpack very hard making me fall to the floor. I look back in a hurry and there is a boy who is searching my backpack.

– Char! Is everything okay? - I'm scared with Henry behind me.

- I'm... - I say getting up.

- I think we'd better get out of here! - Henry exclaims. And without warning, it pulls me by the hand. The street is no longer so full, there is one or another person running.

In the distance I hear a stream, I hold Henry's arm tightly making him stop. I look everywhere and I don't see anyone and then someone comes running away.

– Help – I hear the scream once again.

- It's Jasper! - I scream when I recognize the voice and run in the direction of it. Henry followed me.

I can see it in the distance, I even nod to it and scream: - Jaspeeer!

But then a guy comes up behind him, reaching him. The two seem to talk and then Jasper goes in the opposite direction with him.

– Jasper, what are you doing! It's us! - I scream with all my strength. I stop running and Henry catches up with me.

- What did he do? - Henry asks confused.

– I don't know... Let's go after him - I say while I catch my breath. We keep running towards them and I end up falling a little behind.

Suddenly, I'm grabbed by someone who makes me stop running.

– Aaah – I scream scared.

- Hey, it's me - He lets me go. I'm face to face with Henry or rather with Kid Danger - What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to stay in the cave man? - He asks extremely worried.

– I.. I... - Words don't come out. How am I going to explain to him that I'm not the Charlotte he thinks.

- You're fine, right? - Henry approaches agitated and holds my face with both hands looking for something - Did someone hurt you? What are these points?

- Hey calm down, calm down! - I exclaim calling your attention - I'm fine - I say trying to reassure you.

He keeps staring at me, still holding my face. It's full of bruises on his face, it seems to have struggled a lot.

- Are you okay? - I ask him, who opens a smile as he looks at me.

- Yes, I am - He sighs and then takes his hands off my face - You have to go to a safe place - He looks around and then holds my right hand and pulls me.

- What are you doing? - I ask confused.

- Taking you to a safe place - He says as we run. I just give up trying to explain who I am and just follow him. Apparently Henry... the one of my size, didn't notice that I disappeared.

We entered a store that was destroyed, Henry went out looking for somewhere and then we stop in a place full of boxes, maybe it's the store's stock.

- Here it seems safe - Henry speaks analyzing the small room - You stay here and wait for me - Your tone is calm and your words come out like an order.

– Henry... What is it - I try to think of the right words - What is happening in the city is very dangerous... you need to be careful - I say waiting for him to tell something.

- Ray and I will make it - He declares with confidence.

- But there are many and... - I mean, but he interrupts me.