4

"Emma," Ben begins to say as my eyes feel like they're about to pop out of my head, "This is my college roommate, Harry. He's the best man."

My mind immediately starts racing with memories of Ben talking to his old roommate on the phone as early as a few weeks ago, getting details of the girl Harry slept with the night before which were always followed by him telling me all about his college days and all the fun they had and the girls they brought home.

Of fucking course it's him.

My hangover has suddenly gotten a thousand times worse. At this point I don't know if I should turn around and sprint out of the room or reach up and smack him in the face. Harry holds out his hand to shake mine and I silently collect my thoughts and give in to him to avoid further scolding from my sister.

"Yeah...hi." I say to him in an annoyed tone as I shake his hand. He says nothing, but the smile on his face is enough for me to read his thoughts.

He's fucking loving this.

"Can we talk?" I ask him as I take him by the hand and head straight for the hallway.

Ben looks confused for a second, almost like he knows he's missing something here, but I quickly step in to break the confusion.

"Don't worry, Ben, just wedding stuff," I say with a nervous laugh. I watch as his face calms and I drag Harry to the hallway.

I tug on his hand and turn him so he's standing in front of me, and at this point he's on the verge of tears from trying not to laugh.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I try to whisper, but my nerves take control and it comes out as more of a hushed yell.

"Didn't Ben just tell you?" He asks as he looks over and points to my future brother-in-law. "I'm the best man." He points back to himself like he's a kindergartener getting a medal.

"Did you know it was me last night?" I don't even let him answer before I throw my hands up and start pacing back and forth, just waiting for the cameras to come from around the corner and some annoying host to tell me that I survived some awkward reality show.

"Are you here to torture me or something?" At this point I'm waiting for smoke to come out of my ears.

"What do you mean?" He lifts his eyebrow, still amused. I try my best to stay calm, but his amusement is like fuel to my fire.

"You show up at the bar last night looking all gorgeous, feeding me shot after shot, and somehow figure out a way to get my friends to leave so you can walk me home and get me to practically throw myself at you just for you to walk out without any reason as to why and now here you fucking are!" I try my best to catch my breath, feeling like I just ran some more.

He slowly steps closer to me and my breathing stops altogether.

"...so you think I'm gorgeous?" He lifts his hand up to run it through my hair but I swat it down.

"That's what you got out of all of that?" If my blood boils any more it'll start to evaporate.

Harry laughs and steps back.

"First of all, I didn't know it was you until you mentioned your sister at the bar."

I did?

"Second, I didn't get your friends to leave, they did that work on their own. Third, I was trying to be the gentleman by kissing you on the cheek and going home, you pulled me back into your apartment." He smirks, almost as if the memory of last night is flowing through his mind. "And lastly, I told you why I left. I wasn't going to take advantage of you."

I lean against the wall, unsure of what to say. A part of me is glad that he was trying to be a nice guy despite everything Ben has ever told me about him when it comes to women, but the other part is still hanging onto last night, beyond frustrated that he left me hot and bothered in my bedroom.

I snap out of my thoughts when I see Harry walk towards me again.

"But, for the record," He leans in towards my ear and places his hand at the back of my neck, "I look forward to round two." He gently kisses my neck and backs away. I close my eyes and try to stop the burning feeling in my chest. His touch is like a drug and in this moment I'm addicted.

It takes me a second to catch my breath before opening my eyes to see him walking back towards the wedding party.

What. The. Hell. Just. Happened.

I collect my thoughts and slowly join the group, trying to get myself to focus on why I'm actually here.

"Okay everyone!" Chloe says as she claps her hands. "Now that I have you all here," she glares at me and I roll my eyes. "I want to discuss some things about the wedding and what we are planning for the next month." Before I can think about how much I'm not looking forward to this, an arm brushes mine and I look over to find Harry standing next to me.

I quickly turn my attention back towards Chloe and try my best to listen.

"As you know, we still have the parties and whatnot to go over. The wedding shower will be held next Sunday at Longwood Gardens. Karen was able to pull some strings and got us a great deal that we couldn't pass up." Chloe looks over to one of the bridesmaids and winks. The short, curly haired girl smiles back proudly and hugs her clipboard.

Suck up.

"And as for the other party," She begins to say as she looks over at Ben. "We're going to combine the bachelor/bachelorette party."

Ha! Called it.

"Emma," I hear and I look up. Chloe tilts her head down but keeps her eyes on me as if she's getting ready to scold me. "You're in charge."

I nod, trying to keep my excitement to myself. This is the one and only job I wanted as a maid of honor and I got it. Best day ever.

"And Harry?" I hear Ben ask as the whole crowd turns around. "You'll help Emma."

Fuck.