25

"She what?!" Jeremy shouts as he spins his chair around with so much force that he practically falls over.

"Yep," I say, shrugging my shoulders. I look around our triangle of cubicles and really notice how empty it feels without Ava there to get in on the weekly gossip.

"So what did you do, punch her? Kick her in the cooter? Push her into the tulip display?" Jeremy crosses his legs and rests his elbow on his knee. He grabs his coffee with his other hand and watches me intently, like I'm about to give him the most important news of his life.

"No. I, uh, ran away." The second the words pass my lips, I cringe, preparing for a very heavy lecture from the guy sitting across me wearing bright yellow pants.

When nothing fills my ears but the ringing of phones from the other cubicles around me, I carefully look up to Jeremy to see him furiously rubbing his temples.

"Emma," he says, way too calmly before looking up and gently placing his hands on his knee. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Sorry!" Ava interrupts us by running to her desk, nearly tripping on her black heels as she spins her chair around to sit. "What did I miss?"

Jeremy and I look at her, noticing a snag in her tights, her hair messed up particularly on the left side, her lipstick smudged slightly; probably not enough for anyone else to notice, but we most definitely do.

"Girl, what did we miss?" Jeremy asks, lifting his eyebrows as he looks her up and down. Ava's cheeks instantly turn red and her eyes widen as she furiously digs through her bag to find her compact mirror. Just before I think I'm off the hook, Jeremy looks back over at me and he tilts his head.

"Now, where were we? Oh, yes. Are you fucking kidding me?" He practically shouts, making me cringe once again before sighing.

"What did you expect?" I throw my arms in the air and glare at him, trying to keep my voice down. "It was my sister's bridal shower. My entire family was there. I can't just go all WWE on her ass in front of everyone I know."

Ava loudly closes her mirror and spins her chair around. "Wait, what? Who?"

I groan. "It's a long story."

"Yeah, and if you wouldn't have been doing the dippity with Dave, you'd be caught up," Jeremy adds, getting an intense glare from Ava. "Anyways, we're going out this weekend and you're going to stand up to that slut."

My heart flutters at the thought, but it thankfully dies down when I think about this weekend.

"Can't. It's the bachelor/bachelorette party."

"Will Harry be there?" Ava asks, causing Jeremy to whip his head around to look at her.

"He's the fucking Best Man, Ava. God, where have you been?"

"Apparently doing the dippity with Dave," she fights back and I immediately starts laughing. They continue their bicker session while my phone starts buzzing. I quickly turn around and grab it before either of them try to take it from me like they did before.

Harry: Are you busy tonight?

I smile while also chuckling to myself.

Me:  Harry, I've seen you almost every day for the past month. I'm not about to stop now ;)

Harry: Oh, well I was going to tell you that I've got other plans.

My heart stops and a frown appears on my face as I put my phone down, unsure of what to say. My phone buzzes as soon as it hits my desk and I quickly pick it up again.