14

It's a short drive to our mystery destination and once we arrive, I'm a little confused. There are rows of buildings like there usually are in the city, but I don't see signs of a restaurant anywhere.

"Where are we?" I ask Harry. He smiles and meets me at my side of the car to grab my hand as we walk along the unusually empty street.

"You'll see." He says, coolly.

"Is this, uh.....is this where you kill me?" I shoot him a worried look with a hint of a smirk. He chuckles and looks down at me.

"Emma, relax. I'm not going to kill you. Not here, anyways." He winks and a laugh escapes my lips before I have a chance to stop it.

Harry and I cross the street and he leads me to a plain, dark building. There are no signs, no windows, nothing. My confusion grows, along with Harry's smile. God, he's attractive.

We walk through the door and I look around. All I see is a tiny, dimly lit room with a bookshelf, a floor lamp and a velvet red chair. There are a couple of paintings on the walls and an old rug on the floor.

"Seriously, where are we?" I ask, more confused than I was before. Instead of answering my question, Harry slowly walks towards me, nothing but seriousness on his face. My breathing increases slightly and I take a step back, keeping distance between us. Each step he takes forward, I take another step back. His eyes stay glued to mine, making the rest of the room disappear completely.

Without any realization of my surroundings, I take another step back and find myself at the wall, unable to go anywhere. My heart rate is at full speed as he keeps stepping closer, narrowing the space between those eyes and my crazy heartbeat.

When Harry finally reaches me, I feel like my heart is about to explode. He reaches up to run his fingers through my hair and his simple touch is enough to send chills down my spine. He places his other hand on the bookshelf next to me and inches his mouth closer to mine. My eyes close instinctively and I wait impatiently for him to kiss me. We are so close, so unbelievably close and all I want is for him to crash his lips onto mine, but he doesn't.

I open my eyes to see him smiling his brightest smile at me, completely out of satisfaction. I look at him, confused once again, and he steps back, his hand still on the bookshelf. He places his hand on a book and tilts it forward, making a strange clicking sound. I watch as the bookshelf unhinges itself from the wall and reveals a hidden walkway behind it.

I let out a sigh, knowing that our moment was just for his own amusement. I take a second and try to compose myself in the calmest way possible and remove myself from the wall. I shoot him a glare and he lets out the most adorable laugh.

"God, you're fun. Come on." Harry says as he places his hand on my lower back to lead me through the strange doorway.

We walk down a dark hallway to another door at the end of it. It's a bright red door with a tiny slit towards the top. I stand back as Harry knocks on the door, then he stands back to join me. A shorter, chubby, bearded man opens the door and his eyes go wide at the sight of the gorgeous guy standing next to me.

"Harry!" The guy exclaims as he pulls Harry in for a hug. I don't know what to do, so I stand awkwardly and look down at my hands until they're finished.

"Wow, look at you!" He says, standing back to really admire him. "Last time you were here you were bussing tables and chasing after every woman that walked in this place." He lets out a hearty laugh and Harry rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." He says, chuckling, trying not to sound embarrassed. "Steve, this is Emma. Emma, this is my old coworker, Steve."

"Well, well." Steve says, reaching to shake my hand. "Forget you, Harry. Look at her." He stands back again and blatantly checks me out. I shift awkwardly as he looks me up and down and I look up at Harry who gives me a sympathetic smirk, shrugging his shoulders. Steve grabs Harry's arm to bring him down to his level and whispers something that I can't hear. Harry chuckles and stands back up.

"I'll try my best, Steve." Harry pats him on the shoulder, then grabs my hand to walk past him and into the room.

When we fully get into the room, I realize that I'm at the to of a flight of stairs. I'm able to look out and really take a good look at the room from up here. There's a massive, antique-looking bar to my left, with a bunch of smaller tables covering the rest of the room. In the far corner, there seems to be a band, setting up their equipment.

"You took me to a speakeasy?" I ask and Harry nods, the corners of his mouth tilting up slightly. I knew they still had them around the city, but I've never ben to one before. Harry squeezes my hand and leads me down the stairs. I could really get used to this hand-holding thing.

He leads me to a table and as soon as we sit down, menus are being placed in front of us. As soon as I figure out what I want, I put the menu down and continue looking around the room. I feel like I've stepped back in time to the 1920s. The dark walls are covered with old paintings of naked women and everyone looks like they belong there. Men in suits are whispering into women's ears who are dressed in sparkly gowns, the bartender is laughing about something some guy said at the bar and just as I look over at the band, they start playing. When I look over at Harry, I find him watching my admiration of my surroundings.

"It's pretty awesome, isn't it?" Harry asks, looking pretty proud of himself.

"This is seriously cool. I feel like I'm in a mob movie." I admit, chuckling. Harry smiles at me and his dimples are enough to make me blush.

"I used to love working here. I always got in so much trouble." He says, laughing at whatever memory is floating in his head. I rest my chin on my hand, admiring him from across the table.

"I've actually never taken a girl here before." He admits, looking down and playing with the corner of his menu.

"Well, I mean, why would you? You know, with all those women to chase after." Harry looks up at me with wide eyes and I start laughing at his reaction. He softens as soon as he sees me laughing, but I think I spot a hint of red appearing on his cheeks.

"Yeah, yeah." He says, copying his previous reaction with Steve.

The rest of dinner is spent talking and laughing, sharing old stories and making jokes about Ben and Chloe's wedding. He, of course, refuses to let me pay for even my part of dinner and before we are about to leave, Steve pulls him to the side and whispers in his ear once again. Harry gives him a smile and a nod, and I smile at him as we pass him to go out into the dark hallway.

"What does he keep saying to you?" I ask, curiously. Harry chuckles to himself for a second before taking my hand.

"He said that a beautiful woman like you only comes around once in a man's life, and I would be absolutely crazy to let you go." Harry slows his walking down a bit, looking down at me with a shy smirk before looking back ahead to take me to the secret door. I keep my head down to try to hide the absolutely ridiculous smile on my face.

We enter the small room and make our way out onto the still empty street. I see a couple of dark shadows walking around us, but certainly not enough to feel like we're still in the city. Just before we are about to cross the street to get to his car, one of the shadows appears next to Harry and pulls him back, pulling me back with him.

"Harry?"

The feminine figure says in a very annoying high-pitched voice.

Her voice.

I know that voice.

Once I'm balanced enough, I adjust my eyes and get a really good look at her, my eyes getting bigger by the second.

No.

No.

Not happening.

She can not know Harry.