32

Jeremy

"Another one?" Wes, the bartender asks me. Doesn't he realize who the hell he's talking to?

"Obviously," I roll my eyes and he laughs before turning around to get me another pomegranate martini.

I scan the room, looking for my next hookup and feeling bored with everyone in this damn place. They're all the same, tall dark and slutty with zero personality and enough body glitter to put the New Years Eve ball in Times Square to shame. Wes puts my drink on the counter and I take a sip, praying that this isn't going to be just another boring Friday night.

God, where the hell is Emma when you need her?

Poor girl. It's been so hard seeing her down all week at work. She's been keeping to herself, coming in to do her job and go home immediately after without a single ounce of small talk. It's depressing, especially since she's usually the only one I can talk to now that Ava is always downstairs fucking Dave in the supply closet. How she still has a job is beyond me.

I hope Em and Harry work it out, though. Not just for my own selfish enjoyment of being able to see that sweet ass all the time, but also because she's my girl, and I want her to be happy. And hell, after what she went through with her ex, I'd say happiness is exactly what she deserves.

I see a cute guy on the other side of the bar and I immediately focus all of my attention on him. He's in a suit, which isn't common for a place like this and seriously piques my interest. I down my drink, forcing Wes to make another as quickly as possible as well as another one for whatever his name is. He does as he's told, as per usual when it comes to me, and sends the second martini to the other end of the bar. The guy stares at Wes with a confused look on his face before he points to me, sending all kinds of excitement rushing through me. It's been a hell of a long time since I got laid, and with the hellish workweek I've had putting up with Ava's frequent trips to the accounting department and trying to keep Emma from having a complete mental breakdown in the middle of the office, I deserve this.

The guy smiles, nodding in appreciation. I take that as my cue to join him on his end of the bar so I stand up, getting ready to walk over when I see something that catches my eye. I spot a pair of heels that look oddly familiar. They're fake, that's for fucking sure, and they're bothering me. Why the hell are they bothering me so much?

Holy shit, it's her.

Jane, motherfucking Jane, stands on the other side of the room, flipping her greasy hair over her shoulder and wearing probably the ugliest white dress I've ever seen while laughing at what looks like the only straight guy in this place. He seems beyond uninterested in a single thing she has to say while he's blatantly keeping his eyes on her chest, which she, of course, has out on fucking display. She grazes his arm, probably telling him how funny she is before she pretends to fall into him.

Oh my god, this fucking bitch.

I look over to the guy at the bar, patiently sipping his martini and waiting for me, then look back at Jane, feeling more conflicted than I've ever felt in my life.

I don't want to let Jane slip between my fingers once again, but at the same time, this guy is so...fucking...hot.

Do it for Emma, Jeremy.

Sighing and saying a mental goodbye to what could have been my Friday night hookup, I mosey my way over to the other side of the room, feeling more excited than my senior year of high school when I became prom queen. Well deserved, of course.

She doesn't bother looking over at me because she's so focused on this guy. He's not even cute, for fuck's sake. God, this slut must be really desperate. I mentally prepare, holding tightly onto my martini and keeping Emma's incredibly sad face in my mind as I inch closer.

"Jane?" I shout excitedly, forcing her to look at me in confusion, forgetting our first meeting altogether, most likely. "Oh...my...god! What are you--"

I trip, intentionally of course, sending my incredibly red drink in the direction of her incredibly white dress before falling into her, knocking her to the ground. The crowd goes silent, looking in horror as the dumb bitch on the floor tries to figure out what the hell happened. I gain my footing, thankful that I didn't fall with her, partially because I don't want to make any more contact with that sticky witch than I already have, but mostly because her tan granny panties are now exposed for everyone to see.

The guy she was talking to covers his mouth, staring at her with wide eyes and I walk over to him, smiling sweetly before leaning into his ear.

"Unless you want chlamydia in your future, I suggest you move on from this one."

I wink with a smirk, feeling happier than ever before leaning down to Jane's level. Her hair is completely covering her face, so I make sure to move it to the side before staring at her with so much seriousness that it scares the shit out of her.

"Fuck with my friend ever again and I swear to Jesus I will make your life a living hell."

I stand up, smoothing out my pants and walking towards the exit while everyone moves to the side for me.

"You're welcome, Emma," I say as I step out into the night, feeling like I could conquer the world as I make my way to the next bar.

---------------------------

It's a short one, but one that makes me very happy :)

This story got to 15k today!! This is absolutely insane and I can't thank you all enough.

I love you guys so much!

xx