19

"You know," I begin as Harry and I walk up the driveway to my parent's house. "We could always just go back to the city and find something to do."

Harry stops walking and looks at me in amusement.

"Aren't I supposed to be the one to be nervous?" He grabs my hand and squeezes it gently. "You have nothing to worry about, Em. Just relax."

I wasn't nervous at all until we pulled up to the house. It's not that I don't want to bring Harry around my family, I know they'll love him, it's the bringing Harry to events that include my sister that I'm worried about. She did tell me to do what I wanted when it comes to him, but I know better than to think she'll just leave it at that. I was also still pissed at her for inviting Jane The Slutbag to the wedding. As soon as we reach the front door, I stop when my hand touches the handle and I look at him.

"Last chance to get out of here." Worry fills my eyes as I play with the door handle. The corners of his lips turn up slightly as he leans forward and kisses me.

"Let's go inside." He says as he pulls away. I take a deep breath and open the door.

My parent's house is pretty big and my mom is an interior designer, so everything inside is perfect. The dark brick exterior is the complete opposite of the interior, which is very bright and welcoming. We walk through the large foyer and go straight down the hall to get to the kitchen. As we're walking, I notice Harry slowing down a bit, looking at all the pictures of my family hung up on the walls.

"You were an adorable child." He says with a smile.

"Thanks. I don't know what the hell happened." I smirk and tug on his hand to keep walking. 

Harry and I squint a bit when we walk into the kitchen. My mom is really into bright kitchens, which is why the entire back wall is covered with windows and all of the cabinets are the brightest white you can find. In her defense, though, they do go really well with the slightly darker granite.

"Mom?" I call out, looking around for any sign of my family. I hear the faint sound of laughter and I squint even more to look out the windows. When I see my family sitting outside, I grab Harry's hand and lead him to the back door. The door opens with a squeak and everyone averts their eyes to Harry and I.

"There she is." My dad says with a smile before standing up and walking over to give me a hug. His excitement dwindles a bit at the sight of the guy behind me, which causes me to laugh and roll my eyes. Without getting a chance to introduce him myself, Harry steps forward to do all the work.

"Mr. Stevens. Very nice to meet you." Harry extends his hand and my dad does the same. "I'm Harry."

"Harry." My dad says, nodding his head while he shakes his hand. "Welcome."

I watch the two of them in silence for a second, looking back and forth before chuckling and stepping to the side.

"Hey, guys." I yell as I look around to see my uncle an cousin sitting at the outside table in front of me, my mom and aunts gabbing in the gazebo on the left side of the yard, my other uncles and a few cousins playing pool volleyball and, of course, my unhappy sister sitting with Ben on the far side of the pool. I squeeze Harry's hand a little tighter and pull him next to me. "This is Harry. Harry, this is everyone."

Before he has a chance to say anything, my mom immediately runs up and gives him a hug.

"Hello, sweetheart. So nice to meet you." He looks back at me with an amused smile before she pulls away.

"Nice to meet you as well, Mrs. Stevens." He says with a smile. She pauses for a moment and admires him before looking at me.

"Well done, Em." She tries to say quietly while leaning in and nudging her elbow into my side. My cheeks flush instantly as I look at Harry, who is laughing at my mother's comment.