23

Harry

I never took the chance to explore Longwood Gardens since I moved here, but seeing everything up close today, I seriously regret it. Emma and I walk hand-in-hand through threw the walkways to get to the conservatory where the bridal shower is being held. I still have no idea why the groomsmen had to attend today, but any chance I get to spend time with Emma is okay with me.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day that I would bring a date, a real date, to an event. I had brought girls to things, but I knew it would never go anywhere. Things are so different now. This girl, this unbelievable girl who fell into my life has completely changed everything. I don't know what it was about her the night we met. I mean, obviously her incredible beauty played a factor, but that was such a minor part in my attraction. Her 'fuck off' attitude towards every corporate douche bag that approached her definitely intrigued me from the beginning, but the more I got to know her the more fascinating and incredible she became. The way she's so sure of herself, but also lets those few moments of shyness out every once in a while. The way she proves that she doesn't need anyone, but has this incredible way of making it known that she wants you in her life. The way she is so driven, but also knows how to not take herself too seriously. Everything about her plays a factor into why she's so amazing and why I'm so thankful that our paths were able to cross.

I look over at Emma, who's just as in awe of her surroundings as I am. The walkways are lined with perfectly groomed plants and the brightest flowers I've ever seen. I don't know a single thing about flowers, but my god these are gorgeous. We continue walking until we get to a large fountain area in front of the conservatory. I hear a gasp come from Emma's mouth, and I turn to look at her.

"This is honestly the most amazing thing I've ever seen," she says, not taking her eyes off of the fountain and the flawless landscape surrounding it.

"I feel like we're at Gatsby's house," I admit, looking around. The corners of her lips turn up slightly as she squeezes my hand.

"After you, Mr. Gatsby." She steps to the side and gestures towards the conservatory. I chuckle and do the same.

"No, no, Daisy. After you." She smiles and pushes her blond hair away from her face before grabbing my hand again to continue walking towards the entrance.

The second we step inside, Emma stops walking. It doesn't take long for me to realize why she stopped, because as soon as I look ahead, I stop too. The conservatory is filled with hanging plants and trees and pools and it honestly looks like something out of a movie.

"Am I dreaming?" She looks at me. "Seriously, is this real life?"

"There you are!" Chloe's voice interrupts us as we snap out of our dumbfounded stares. Emma rolls her eyes and gives me a quick look before walking over to her sister.

"Yes. Here we are,"  Emma shrugs. "On time like we're supposed to be."

Chloe looks like she's about to say something smart to her sister as she starts to open her mouth, but she quickly closes it to look at me.

"Harry, good to see you." She gives me a soft smile and I lean forward to kiss her cheek.

"You as well, Chloe. You look beautiful." She rolls her eyes and playfully slaps my arm.

"Your English charm may work on my sister, but remember, I've seen you run naked down the street covering your goods with a trashcan lid." My eyes go wide as Emma goes into a coughing fit.

I reach over to pat her back while Chloe starts laughing.

"Don't act so surprised, Em. I have plenty of stories to share with him about you. Like the time you and your friends tried to recreate the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in your b--"