10

I walk towards Ava and Jeremy and mentally prepare for whatever information they're going to try to get out of me.

"Well, don't you look happy this morning." Jeremy says as he rests his chin on his hands. His brown hair is swooped to the side with a hard part and he's wearing light pink pants with a striped button-down shirt. He's gay, like really gay, and he's the sassiest, most fabulous human being I've ever met.

I shrug, trying not to give them anything to gossip about. I remember that I still have coffee in my hand and take a sip.

"This has to be about that British guy," Ava says as she looks at Jeremy. Ava is in a tight, navy dress with matching heels to give her incredibly short self a chance to be at eye level with society and her short hair is constantly being swept to the side like it usually is. They look at each other with wide eyes then look back at me, eager to get the details.

It catches me off guard that they won't break eye contact with me and I sigh, knowing that I was going to tell them something at some point anyways.

"Nothing happened if that's what you're thinking." Ava and Jeremy smirk at each other, then follow behind me to the elevators.

The elevator doors open and we shuffle in along with other people that work in the building. The three of us stay quiet while we move up to the 12th floor and pass coworkers on our way to our cluster of cubicles that are ironically connected to form a triangle.

"Out with it, bitch." Jeremy says as he turns his chair around. Ava rolls her chair closer to me and I can tell neither one of them are going to let me get out of this.

"Nothing happened!" I try to say quietly. Ava glances over at Jeremy without moving her head and smirks while watching his facial expression change, giving me a look that says 'you fucking liar'.

"Listen," he begins to say as he waves his finger around, "you know we're going to get this out of you one way or another. So, you can take the easy way out and just tell us or I'll have to take matters into my own hands." As soon as he says that he reaches over and grabs my phone from my desk. I gasp and lunge towards him, trying to get it back as he fights me. He turns his back towards me and extends his arms so I can't reach.

"Ah, so his name is Harry," Jeremy says excitedly as I still fight to get my phone back. Ava is sitting in her chair, laughing like she's watching her favorite movie. He lets his arms bend for a quick second and I take it as my opportunity to grab the phone and shove it into my purse. He laughs as we both sit back down and try to catch our breath.

"Fine," I sigh as they both move in closer, "his name is Harry and we kissed...twice. Oh, and I may have taken my shirt off while I was laying on top of him but that's it I swear!" As soon as the words come out of my mouth I regret saying them because Ava and Jeremy can't keep their excitement to a minimum. They turn towards each other, grab hands, tap their feet on the ground and let out a squeal that was supposed to be quiet, but didn't turn out that way. A few coworkers peek over their cubicle walls to look at us but I hide my face to avoid eye contact.

They each grab one of my hands and pull my chair closer to them so we are in a tighter circle.

"Did you take him home that night?"

"Why were you on top of him?"

"Why didn't it go any further?"

"Did you see him again?"

"You better see him again."

A million things come flying towards me at once and I can't keep up with who is asking what. I hold my hand up to shush them.

"There's more." I close my eyes tightly to prepare for the screams, but when I peak one eye open, they both have their hands covering their mouths and they're trying their best to stay quiet.

"He's the best man at Chloe's wedding." Both of their mouths drop open and I give them a look that screams 'I know!'.

We sit and gossip for a while until we eventually start the workday. The phone won't stop ringing, papers won't stop being placed on my desk, meetings won't stop being scheduled and, before I know it, the day ends and Jeremy, Ava and I go our separate ways. I pick up Chinese food on the short walk home and immediately change into comfortable clothes the second I close my door.

I get way too into my shows as I stuff my face with sweet & sour chicken. As soon as I'm done I start cleaning up when my phone lights up with a text. I throw the half-full containers in the fridge and clean my hands with a towel before picking my phone up.

Harry: I'm not gonna lie, being away from you until Thursday is proving to be harder than I thought.

I smile and walk out of the kitchen and throw myself on the couch. I hesitate to text him back, but in reality I was thinking the same thing.

Me: So come over. :)