9.

Flau'jae
End of February
location: PMAC

Today Barbie and I got a photoshoot with SLAM Magazine and I can't lie i'm a lil nervous.

We've been doing so good, making a name for ourselves and LSU. We're 23-0 right now.

"BARBIEEEE!" I yelled from outside her door. "I literally just told you I was on my way why you take so long opening the door?"

"Flau'jae don't start with me today" Angel said while laughing

"We need to be at the gym and I can see you still ain't ready"

"SLAM can wait, they knew who they was booking when they called and said they wanted to do this" She said and I mean she not wrong but still.

"Girl you is not making a good impression by being late let's go. Im not finna wait on you"

I just enjoy giving her a hard time. It's fun to me. Im not gone leave her tho.

"I know you not talking about anybody being late, you know the stadium is waiting on you to fuck up" She said dying laughing

"It ain't that funny fr" I said as I mugged her cause why she bring that up.

We walked into the PMAC and they was almost done setting everything up.

After the had us go to hair and makeup they gave us the rundown for the day.

They want us to play a couple of games, answer some questions, and then take pictures for the cover of the magazine.

Once they said cover of the magazine I started cheesing hard asl cause I been told them I was gone be on they cover soon.

We sat down for the interview portion and Angel started talking about we're growing women's basketball and the impact LSU has had on her being herself.

"I've never been apart of a program where I can just be myself. I'm genuinely just Angel Reese and she's Flau'jae Johnson. Coaches let us be ourselves."

I just sat there agreeing cause Angel speaks so well when she's passionate about something. She's genuinely glowing.

"Everything here is 100% real. It's no fake it's no gimmicks and I think thats why we are so successful cause we just keep it real."

"Flau'jae what did you think of Angel when you first saw her?" They asked me and Angel turned her head intrigued at what was about to come out my mouth.

"Me and Angel met in the summer and I was like oh okay she cool but can she hoop though?" I said in a serious tone

Angel busted out laughing.

"She definitely showed me some, first practice she was scrimmaging with the boys and just grabbing boards over them and I was like oh she's a beast, yea we finna win a natty" I said while looking into Angel's eyes.

I never noticed how brown they are. She just sat there smiling until she looked away cause they asked her another question.

She started telling a story and I didn't realize I was in a trance just admiring her until she said something and everyone laughed.

As we moved to take photos they had this mic hanging so of course I went over there playing acting like im in the studio.

Angel stood across from me with her crown in her hand and started playing with me. She ended up moving her crown towards her ear acting like it was a headphone and she was in the studio forreal.

I couldn't do nothing but laugh and say "You really think you a rapper huh?"

Just watching her in her element, being herself has me mesmerized. She's so pretty and anybody would be lucky to have her. I hope i'm the lucky one.