12.

Flau'jae
April 2nd - Championship game
location: Dallas

As the buzzer went off, I looked at the scoreboard one last time before I ran to coach and picked her up. 102-85. I can't believe it. I can't believe it.

Im so overcome with emotion, I just sat on the floor, covering my face of course. I can't show the world i'm a crybaby.

We did it. We really did it. For the first time ever we are the national champs. I can't believe this.

Im not even sure when I got up or how but I ended up in the circle with the team, Mani was holding the trophy up. We really did our big one.

I ended up in Angels arms she's pulling me away from the circle hugging me, really just holding me, helping me hide my face.

My face is practically in her neck and I couldn't resist giving her a subtle peck before I started saying "this is for you! this is for you baby!"

She knows i'm overwhelmed with emotion and there's cameras around so she's just shielding me until she pulled back and helped wipe my tears.

As they setting up the stage, to properly present the trophy, I stopped cause I know that I don't hear them playing my song.

Angel came running over to me recording, "FLAU THEY PLAYING YOUR SONG!"

So I wasn't tripping.

I just won a national championship and they playing my song?

Dreams really do come true.

I'm not even crying anymore i'm hype as hell. I went and took the trophy from whoever had it cause this my moment!

Im a national champion and they playing my song! I kissed the trophy cause "THEY JUST PLAYED MY SONG WHILE I'M HOLDING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY QUIT PLAYING WITH ME MAN"

I'm on another level there's no other freshman out there. What my song say?

They be saying Big 4 ain't on this, Big 4 ain't on that

Guess what?

"I'M LIKE THAT, FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR, NATTY MY FIRST YEAR, BIG 4 I'M LIKE THAT!"

I told the press before I went to cut the net.

"THE PRICE JUST WENT UP!" I said as I got off the ladder

where my girl at? I thought as she was walking up to me.

It was her turn to go cut the net and she had me record her.

"The queen herself let's go, come on!"

As I started recording for her I thought "Get all the angles for Ms. Reese, gotta all the angles for Ms. Reese, come on!"

Did I say that out loud? I did. I couldn't help it though, I mean let's be honest that thang be thanging so of course I wanted to see it in all angles.

"I'm proud of you baby" I said at first but I had to quickly correct myself "i'm proud of you girl"

She just laughed, I don't think she caught it cause its too much going on and other people still had to cut the net.

I actually don't mind slipping up but its too many people around so I hope they ain't hear. I don't want the public to get a piece of this cause they gone run with it.

instagram