RPF) New Team Principal (R.A.)

New Team Principal (Ralf Aron X Parent! Reader)

Fandom: RPF/WEC

Requested: Yee

Warnings: Not a warning but gender not specified (referred to as Baby Ash) or how the child was born. Could be natural or adopted.

Summary:  A surprise visit from the new team principal? Who's that?

W.C. 1285

 1285

~~

You both knew taking care of a newborn was going to be time-consuming and eventually, Ralf would need to go back to work. Thankfully, Baby Ash came home during a break in the calendar, so you had Ralf's full attention and support for the first three weeks. Looking back, it was great having your husband there every day because it made caring for your new child easy, and you were able to get a schedule set up before he would inevitably go back to work.

Alas, it did have to happen. You were prepared for it, but that did not make it any easier when you had to drop Ralf off at the airport. He did still have a team to run for the race weekend. Then for the next weekend, and the next. Then it was in-season testing and another race weekend. It was just nonstop.

Facetime only did so much for keeping in contact. Especially with timezone changes, it was hard to find times when you, Ralf, and Baby Ash were awake at the same time. That's when you decided you would plan to surprise him for one of the races.

There were a couple of races coming up that you could, theoretically, do. You also got approval from your doctor to have your baby fly, so all was set. You wanted to surprise everyone, so you told no one. Not even Paul, who said he would help you if you wanted to fly out.

Surprisingly, the flight was not bad. It was only about 3 hours, and Baby Ash slept the entire time. It could not have been any easier. You got in and out of the airport in no time, and you got a taxi to the hotel you knew Ralf was staying at. That's when you called Paul.

"Hey, what's up?" Paul said immediately after he answered the phone. He was lying on his bed in the hotel room he was sharing with Ralf while Ralf had to get to the track early for a meeting.

"By chance would you have Ralf's room key?" You asked as you moved to the side of the lobby.

"I am in Ralf's room, why? By chance would you be trying to surprise Ralf this weekend?" He asked, already getting up and running toward the elevator and going down to the lobby. As soon as he saw you, he ran up to you, hugged you, and immediately took Baby Ash from your arms, "No way! Ralf's gonna freak out when he sees you!"

"That's the plan," You joked as you followed him up to the room so you could drop off your luggage, feed and change the baby, and freshen up before heading out to the track. It was fairly easy to get through security. Paul took you through the back where you knew a couple of the guards, so they let you through without much resistance other than looking through your baby bag for safety reasons.

You two immediately booked it to the Prema garage where Ralf was still in the meeting, so you thought of a funny way to surprise him. What better way to surprise Ralf than to set Baby Ash up with some headphones on the pit wall?

Baby Ash had started sitting up all my themself recently, but you still wanted to have something or someone around them just in case something happened. You notice JM Correa sitting in the garage listening, so you enlist his help.

"Juan, I've got a proposition!" You asked as you walked up to him. He took his headphones off when he saw you approach him, and stretched his arms out, asking to take Baby Ash. "If I put headphones on Baby Ash and set them up at the pit wall, will you make sure they don't fall and pretend they're your new boss? We're trying to surprise Ralf."

"I'm so down!" JM responded enthusiastically, causing Baby Ash to giggle as they wiggled in his hold. "I'll set them up while you hide. I heard the meeting just ended, so he should be here any minute."

"I'll just hang back in the garage," You chuckled as you reached out to briefly grasp Baby Ash's little hand. "I want to see his reaction."

"Better record it," JM laughed as he walked over to the pit wall to set Baby Ash on one of the chairs, facing the endless screens. He also put a pair of headphones on their head, sizing it as close to their head size as possible, before taking a quick selfie of them together. He also loaded up one of the screens to the Dancing Fruits video, so she would have something to focus on.

All the while, Paul was waiting outside the meeting room for Ralf. He had been texting you back and forth and knew the plan. He was going to lead Ralf to the pit wall to find Baby Ash before you would pop out. He was just putting his phone back in his pocket when Ralf walked out in a rush.

"Hey, Ralf!" Paul said as he ran to catch up with him, "When were you planning to tell me there's a new team principal?"

"There isn't one?" Ralf answered with another question as he slowed down to walk in step with Paul. "What do you mean?"

"I heard there's a new Prema team principal," Paul explained, remembering the script you had given him, "I think they're on the pit wall with JM now."

"I'll just call Rene," Ralf replied with a frown as he started to pull out his phone. "He'll know what's going on."

"Rene is busy with the F3 race going on," Paul thought of quickly as he pushed Ralf's phone back down. "The race just stared and you know Rene doesn't look at his phone during a race. Why don't we just go see who it is on our own? How bad can it be?"

"I guess that makes sense," Ralf mumbled as he sped-walked towards his, well not his anymore apparently, garage. He saw JM standing beside someone in the chair, but he couldn't clearly see who it was. Ralf took a deep breath so as to not sound too bitter before he walked over. "Is this the new team principal?"

"Yup," JM said enthusiastically as he stepped aside, so Ralf could see who was sitting there. That's when he knew this was a joke and his eyes fell upon his Baby Ash, wearing his headphones. All three of them broke out in laughter as Baby Ash played with the chord attached to the headphones before giggling along with everyone. That's when Baby Ash looked up and saw their father and reached their arms out for Ralf to hold them. Ralf promptly picked them up and bounced them in his arms.

"Is Baby Ash reporting for duty?" He teased the baby as he tickled their belly. "Where's Y/n? I know Baby Ash didn't get here on their own?"

"I was off recording," You chuckled as you walked up behind Ralf, wrapping your arms around his waist as you stood on his other side to gaze at him and your child. Baby Ash was enjoying all of the attention as you booped their nose. "We thought we could surprise you."

"Well, I'm surprised," He chuckled as he leaned down to place a kiss on your forehead. "Thank you for traveling for me. You have no idea how much I missed you two."

"If it's even half as much as I missed you," You teased as you leaned up to kiss his lips before leaving a small gap between you, "I have an idea."

~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment, or, heck, share it if you want. For legal reasons, I am required to state that I did NOT take the picture. I got it off Pinterest or Google. If you crave more content like this, be sure to follow me on Wattpad, my Tumblr, and/or my AO3 all under the username of @BAD268. I am more likely to see requests sent through Tumblr, but any request is still appreciated. That's all for now, Lads. Thanks for being a part of my Academy.

Till next time,

BAD268