22 (Shinjiro)

"Man, I'm beat " Junpei sigh as all of us enter the doorway of the dormitory. The trip to Yakushima really drained all of our energy

"You bet" Yukari answered as we gathered in the lounge. For today, we have a new addition of the family, Aigis who's already taking a seat next to me.

"I see that Aigis has grown overly attached to Minako already" Akihiko observes Aigis, looking at how she is hugging my arm in a protective manner.

"Wooho, I can see some jealousy sparking in this room" Junpei whistled, making Akihiko's face blushes.

"So annoying.." I say to Akihiko quietly and he replies me by looking and pouting towards the door "Wanna get out of here?"

Yes, Aigis has been so much of a nuisance to me ever since I met her at the beach. She's been clinging on me like I'm her boyfriend.

I mouthed 'yes' with a simple nod. He then quickly gets up saying "I need to go the grocery for a while"

"Now? Don't you think it's a little bit late, Akihiko?" Mitsuru ask, lifting her eyebrows.

I also got up from my seat and say "I need to go to the grocery too, to get some ladies stuff" I say awkwardly.

"What a coincidence, let's go together!" Akihiko adds on to the awkwardness and grab my arms to drag me outside. Before we can make it out of the doorway, Junpei stops us.

"Wait,wait wait. Let me go with Minako, Senpai" He winks at Akihiko before grabbing me away from him

Akihiko doesn't look pleased.

"No, no let me.." Akihiko grabs my arm again, and seriously I'm not that pleased with him and Junpei grabbing my arms.

I take a look at the other members, they are all staring at us.

"How about, I'll just go all myself" I quickly make my way out of the dorm and slam the door. I could see the surprised look on both of their faces before the door closes.

I chuckle and start walking on the cold night, trying to take a break with some me time.

I open my MP3 player and put on my earphones, the time is 11:30. I still got another 30 minutes before the Dark Hour approaches.

I continue walking the town, noticing only a few people are out here tonight. I was so into the music that I didn't realise that it was one to twelve.

When the music stops then I know I'm out too late. I take a look around, the road is empty and the streets are dark.

I quickly make my way to the dormitory, and when I pass by the Naganaki Shrine, I hear a loud bark.

The sound looks like it is in pain. I quickly climb the ladder and the my face turns pale.

What is in front of me is a huge shadow, which looks like a bull trying to attack a white dog which is burnt by the shadow's attack.

First, how can the shadow got here, and second how is the dog here?

I couldn't think of the answer as the shadow is getting ready to attack the shadow.

I run towards the dog and manage to grab it and roll to the other side just in time for the shadow to attack it.

The shadow looks furious as smoke starts coming out of the bull's nose, ready for a second attack.

The little fella is still in my arm, and although with his injury, he looks at the shadow with such hatred and he barks loudly.

A three headed dog suddenly appears after the bark, and cast a fire attack on the bull.

I can't believe it with my eyes, a dog with an ability to summon a persona?!

The attack looks powerful but it doesn't work as the bull is immune to fire. Oh Shit, I don't have my Evoker with me.

The only thing I can do is shield the dog as the shadow attack us with Agi, a low attack of fire.

I scream in pain as I can feel the attack on me. It burns some of my clothes and my skin, but the dog is safe from the attack.

Just from where I expect it will attack us for a second round, the bull suddenly start screeching and when I take a look at the bull, a hole can be seen on the heart.

The shadow slowly dissolve into a black substance, dying. I sigh in relief but my body is still hurt from the burn.

I release the dog from my hug, and the dog licks my face in appreciation before leaping from my lap and run towards a figure, who's panting and grabbing his chest.

The dog barks and run around him, the figure chuckles and give him a pat on the dog's head.

I try to stand up but it hurts so bad and my almost all of my skirt are burnt up.

"Don't move *cough* around, stupid" a man's voice nags at me and I can't take a sharp view of who he is.

I try to stand up but he continue nagging on me "I said don't move, almost all of your clothes are burnt up, goddammit!"

I finally give up and just wait for him to come near me. As the moonlight shines, I can finally see his face.

It's Akihiko's friend, the guy who helped us the other day at the alley.

It's Shinjiro.

I lif my head to look at him as I was on the ground , but he doesn't look at me. So I decided to stand up, so I can see and talk to him clearly.

He gently put his hand on my shoulder, asking me to sit " You sure are a stubborn one" he said while looking the opposite way.

He takes off his long brown coat and gently put it around me. He is wearing a black turtleneck which looks good on him

Shocked by his action, I finally realise my clothes now are sure are revealing after the burn.

He gives me his hand and help me stand up. He helps me walk towards the well near the shrine and wash the burns on my legs and hands before covering it with a piece of clothes.

"You could be killed with that action of yours, you know?" He nags at me and after he put me on the bench, askine me to sit there tightly as he starts treating the dog.

The white Shiba Inu curls onto my lap, as Shinjiro wraps a few bandages on the fella's paws. A light snore can be heard from the dog, probably tired after summoning it's persona.

"He sure is a tough fella" I chuckle as I pat his head.

Shinjiro smiles, as he stares at the dog "Koromaru lost his owner, the priest of this shrine in an accident. I guess he was just protecting the shrine" the dog whine as it recall the incident.

After he finished treating the dog, he fish out his flipphone and speed dial someone. The person only answered a few times after he called.

"Shinji, now is not the time"

"Yes, I know you are busy searching for someone, and you don't have time talking to me. That someone is here with me" he talks softly but I can hear the person he's calling talking out loud.

"She's fine, just some burn, but I got it all settled" he sigh and looks annoyed "Aki listen, she's goddamn fine, you are breathing too heavily it's disturbing"

"Yes, Naganaki Shrine, she'll be here. Night" he shut his phone and shove it into his pocket.

"Look, your friend will be coming, I'll get going" he stands infront of me and after saying that, he turns around and make his leave.

"Wait!" I stand up with his coat still around me.

He turns around "Thanks!" I said happily, and he just give me a faint and quick smile before he turns around and walk into the darkness

---
Okay guys, sorry for the late update :,( i will be facing  my public examination soon, and trials are so near!!! AHHHH!! LET ME DIE