25 (Smile)

After I knew what happened, I decided to pay Akihiko a visit. Although my legs are still wobbly and my head feels like being pushed by an two imaginary rocks at both sides, I mentally cheer myself to make my way to his room.

I slowly push the door to his room and take a peek of it. His room is similar to mine, with constant beeping from the machine that filled the whole room. My eyes drop on the bed, where a young man is laying flat on his back. 

I make my way towards his bed, and take a minute to notice on how dead he looks like in his hospital gown. His grey hair is sticking around and his chest rises each breath he takes. And now I know why almost half of the school girl population is having a huge crush on him, he's gorgeous.

As I continue to just stare at him, his eyes and lips starts to twitch that manage to catch me off guard. He starts mumbling a word, or to be exact a name.

I start to panic, not knowing what to do until I finally catch what he has been mumbling all this while.

"Mi-Mi-Ki" The name makes myself curios on who is this Miki. Is she the person Mitsuru had been talking about? He clearly looks like he is in pain, suffering from a terrible nightmare. I intertwine my hand with his, making sure that he knows I am here for him this time around and hoping this small gesture can help him survive the terror he's facing.

As soon as I tighten my hold, his eyes shot open as he screams out her name. He takes a few breathe and grips my small hand in his large one. Fear can clearly be seen in his eyes.

His fears are washed away as he look at me and replaced by what I call, relief. I give him the brightest smile I got to cheer whatever is bothering him.

---

Akihiko's POV

Her smile, my god

Is one of the most brightest and sincerest smile I have ever seen in my whole life.

And her touch is what pulls me away from the terrible nightmare a few years back. 

It was terrible, yet it feels so real. The smell of smoke that stings my eyes and the screaming from the children that were trapped at the orphanage still haunt me to the present day. Especially her scream, Miki.

"Minako, are- are you alright?" Her face is clearly affected by the incident, where a few burn scars can be seen on her neck and her face is even paler than usual. But there is still a faint tint of red that is splashed on her cheeks. Dark circles are forming under her unique crimson eyes which is twinkling at this moment 

She smiles again and I notice her lips crack as her smile widens. "I'm okay! " She answered cheerfully.

I just give her a small chuckle "Thank you, Senpai. For protecting me" She adds on, blushing

"It's my responsibility to protect you, Minako" I smile back at her as my mind soon drift me back to the memories I had back then at the orphanage. I look at her again as her pale face slowly turns into someone I used to know and hold dear of.

I groan and shake my head to get rid of the person's face from Minako's face. She looks at me with a mixture of confusion and worry. "Don't mind me, it's just the side effect of the medicine, I'm hallucinating" 

"Hallucinating?" She tilts her head to the left and I chuckle on how cute she looks 

I nod  "You remind me- of my sister, Minako" her face is unreadable but I believe she knows I am not in the mood to talk about it. She notices how tense the situation is.  She then continued to talk to me about random things just to make me laugh and brighten me.

"There's this one time, where Junpei accidentally threw the intestine of the frog during dissection at Yukari's face" 

"What! It reminds me back them where Mit-

Our endless talk ends at 1 am in the morning after the nurse in charge realize that Minako is still not in her bed. The nurse was furious as she yanks Minako's arm out my room and she just turns her bed and pull out her tongue at the nurse's back before waving bye to me.

Oh how Minako reminds me so much of Miki.

---

Minako's POV

Spending the days at the hospital is actually fun with Akihiko's presence to accompany me. We have gotten a lot more closer and after we both got the green light from the doctor, we are finally discharged from the hospital.

As soon as we got back from the hospital by cab, we opened the door of the dorm with a pleasant surprise.

All the SEES members are at the lobby foyer and with a huge banner that Fuuka and Yukari is holding on each sides "You two survived!" . From the group, my heart flutters looking at Koromaru which is in the hug of Aigis. Out of nowhere, Junpei pops out and pop the confetti on our faces, making me scream in shock and that catch him off guard.

Because of my stimuli, my right knee, which is the strongest somehow rises up and gives Junpei a nice clean groin attack. 

The next thing I know, he drops to the floor, unable to move. He is in such state where he couldn't do anything other than groaning while drooling on the ground

"Junpei-kun has been eliminated" Aigis left out a remark innocently while holding Koromaru that finally causes all the member of SEES to burst out into misfit of laughter. I step over Junpei who is still on the floor and take a drink from Yukari. 

"Thanks guys, you guys are like the awesome-st bunch I have ever met" I cheered as all the SEES members buzzed as Junpei finally managed to stand up with both hands still on his groin. 

"Ehem, may I have your attention please, fishlings?" Ikutsuki coughs while holding out a handful of gummy worms on air with his right hand and wiggle it around

"That surely 'catch' your attention" he laughs at himself while all of us look at him, not amused by his lame attempt of joke.

"As you can see, there is yet another mem'pet' of the team, Koromaru" As the rest of team still look not amused by his joke, I rub Koro's head, giving him a high five.

"I know some of you are, what we call-

"PET-rified " All the members said in sync  "You have told us this joke since two days ago" Junpei groans.

"Hm, I am honored to know all of you appreciate my joke" he giggles all by himself again

"As you all will wonder how he will summon his Persona, the collar he is wearing will be helping him. You can call it an Evoker for the dogs" he state the fact

I rub under his chin "Sure you want to join us buddy?" I pout at him 

"He said he wants to return the favor" Aigis speaks out and I raise an eyebrow at her. "You can speak dog language,huh?" 

"It is installed in my memory" She answered back and I just nodded.

But as the saying goes, the more the merrier. I am sure that with the help of Koromaru, fighting off the shadows will be alot more easier. Koromaru, though he is only a dog, he is a trustworthy partner that will fight valiantly and I must support him well as his team leader.

---

Another chapter done in a night! huhu So guys, I am really sorry for such a boring chapter but I'll try my best to add in more fun in the chapter. After this will be a chapter about Strega, which is the next full moon battle and also dont forget, Ken!

Comments to improve or ideas are much appreciated!

Don't forget to vote!