41 (October 4th)

I spent a long night with Shinjiro yesterday,

Though he was practically there only to listen to my nonsense, he was there the whole night listening to my rants

"Stop it" I said, stopping my story halfway.

"Stop what?" he asked, both hands behind his neck while I somehow found the comfort in laying on his stomach as I continued talking.

"Staring at me,"

"I-" he stopped midtrack before taking a huge breath "I just wanted to make sure I'll remember your annoying voice who won't stop talking 24/7" he chuckled.

I gaped my mouth at him and threw a soft punch on his stomach.

"Fine, I-ll stop" I pouted.

"Hey! I don't mean it, Minako!" he chuckled again before petting my head.

"Besides,"

"Maybe the next time I would be listening to your lame talks will be in my dream,"

----

I woke up in Shinjiro's bed, carefully tucked under the sheets and found out I was alone in the room.

"Didn't he promised to walk me to school today?" I groaned to myself before picking up my clothes which had been neatly folded on the desk.

Taking my clothes, I realised how the sunflower's last petal had fallen off. I put on a mental note to buy him a new one today. The room looks dull without the flower.

---

"October 4th. Another month, another ordeal," Yukari said to me.

Today would be the day where I would fight another shadow in order to destroy Tartarus.

"Say, have you seen Ken? He had been locking himself in his room for the past few days," Yukari asked as we stepped nearer to school.

Ken had been pretty off especially since yesterday. He refused to eat with the team yesterday. He had been pretty bothered lately.

"Let's hope for the best yeah Minako? For tonight?" She headlocked me as we both chuckled on our way to school.

"Yeah, let's hope nothing bads happen tonight," I said, but something felt off.

At the entrance, we came about Akihiko, who had been leaning against the wall.

"Hey, sorry to bother both of you, have you seen Shinjiro, Minako?" He asked.

"No, actually?" I replied softly. It had been a while since he last talked to me.

The tension between both of us caused Yukari to let out an awkward cough.

Akihiko was startled before trying to construct his words again "Sorry, thought he'd go to school with you. I should get going now. See you tonight," he said, clearly still looking bothered.

We both said our goodbyes and the whole class I was wondering what was bothering both Shinjiro, Akihiko and Ken?

---
"Impossible, there's two of them!" Fuuka's voice loomed over the room as her Persona scanned the area.

All of us geared for the battle at Iwatodai Station, but I've noticed how Ken wasn't here, while Shinjiro said to Fuuka he would join in a little bit late.

"Minako, do you think we should proceed without both of them?" Aigis asked. The whole group was expacting my answer.

Out of all of them, Akihiko was the one who was on edge the most "Minako, I,-"

"There's no time to lose Minako, the Dark Hour would end soon if we come later," Mitsuru cut hin sharp.

With a big gulp, I said, "We finish those two monsters and go look for them after this, they might come back late,"

Akihiko let out a sigh before nodding his head, "Let's finish this fast," he said.

---

"Man, talk about exhausting," Junpei said right after our battle with the Strength and Fortune arcana.

Still out of breath with Yukari healing me, I asked, "Fuuka, have you relocated those two?"

Fuuka was still inside Lucia, her Persona. Her face was deep in concentration, not even bothered to answer my question.

"Where's Akihiko?" Mitsuri asked.

"He left right after the battle, saying something about October 4th," Yukari answered while her Persona, Io, healed the bruises on arms.

A look of shock struck Mitsuru's face. "October 4th.." She suddenly collapsed on her knees.

"Mitsuru!" I ran towards her.

"How can I forget?" She replied meakly.

----
Meanwhile at the back of Tatsumi Port Island alley.

Ken was standing there alone with his Evoker in his hand. Footsteps approached him from the dark

"You came," he said as the person drawed closer.

"I'm surprised you abandoned the operation. Do you know why I asked you to meet me here?" He asked and the gigantic moon shone it's light on Shinjiro's face. His face stoic.

"Two years ago today, October 4th.
That was the day my mom died here.
They called it an accident... but it wasn't. I saw the whole thing,"

"You murdered her!" Ken screamed at Shinjiro but Shinjiro remained unflinched.

"Since then, it's been one bad thing after another and all I get from people is sympathy, no matter where I go. What's the point in living?"

"I even thought about killing myself... but Mom wouldn't have wanted that," he laughed.

"That's why I decided that I had to find her killer-YOU!" he hoisted the Evoker on his forehead. His bloodshot eyes bulging with hatred and tears.

"Today, Mom is watching over me.
I'll make you remember what you did to her! I'm gonna kill you!" Ken tightened his grip on the trigger.

Both of them stared at each other for a while, Ken was sobbing but his little hand was wrappes tightly around the trigger. Memories of the incident was brought to live by these two. Ken's mom being killed by Shinjiro's Persona flashed between those two.

"Do it," Shinjiro broke the silence.

"Pull the trigger,"

---

Hi guys, I know it has been such a long time since I last updated, I thought about abandoning the book but when I saw some people are still reading and favoriting this book, it made me feel like writing again ^_^. Thank you for the support and I'll post the next chapter soon.

Comment, it will make me happy. And do you think Minako deserve to be with Akihiko or Shinjiro (or theo lol)