Assemble

guys ngl i was halfway through writing this chapter and then I was like WHAT IT I ADD IN A WHOLE PLOTLINE and now I'm come with this MASTERPIECE that thankfully connects to the plot in such a good way ugh

~~~

Cyno was avoiding you.

You had no idea why- he barely came by to the apartment and was ignoring your texts. He still knew he had promised something to you, so any type of lead or idea the detectives had of who killed Damslette went straight to you, but they were all bullshit leads.

It's been a week since you and itto's fight as villain and hero, and you've only been out a small amount of times. You had gone out last night late when cyno sent once again a bullshit lead on a man who was just near at the wrong time.

Literally; you had stalked him all night last night and whoever this man was did not seem like the type of person who killed random teenage girls. He had no connection to damslette.

You knew that her murder had to be connected to someone she knew, and you knew there was a lead but cyno just wouldn't tell you.

Nor would your boyfriend, because you literally haven't seen him ALL WEEK. Suddenly right when you're off the case everything is crazy?!

The only words you've shared with him were texts. Late at night he'd just text you "will be home late" and you did try to stay up for him but you'd end up falling asleep on the couch and either Pantalone or Signora would put a blanket on you, or Alhaitham would come home and take you to your shared bed, but he would leave early in the morning.

You missed him and the comfortable nights you had in your apartment. It was just awkward now.

Sure, you and Signora were talking but it didn't mean that you didn't forget the 2-year no contact. You didn't forget with anyone, so you distanced once Alhaitham and cyno started staying late.

The group meetups at night were now in the apartment where Dottore and Childe stayed since obviously no one in that apartment sleeps early and you liked to stay, hoping your boyfriend would come home early.

You also just didn't wanna go.

It was...sad, being honest. Sad you no longer went to any outings without Alhaitham. You were dependant on him, and maybe at first it seemed nice but now it's just odd.

Here you were, another night, laying on your couch and watching TV while the rest of them all spent their time together. Ayaka asked you to join this time, but unfortunately you had to say no.

You had just taken your antidepressants; an empty food plate and a half-drank cup sat on the table. Kaeya was right- you really were feeling better after eating with the meds.

Maybe the one good thing about having no one was that you could take your meds in peace.

The TV show you were watching was long discarded as you just stared at the door, waiitng for it to twist and turn and your boyfriend would come in but you knew it wouldn't.

You considered joining the others tonight- it would make Ayaka happy, but it just scared you.

You didn't wanna bother capitano anymore, so he was no longer an option. Plus you couldn't waltz into Pierro's apartment like you used to- he'd scream at you if you took one step in.

You sighed, standing up, deciding you'd just join the others tonight for the first time.

However, as you made your way to the door, you heard a loud crash and distant screams and immediately, your past hero instincts forced you to run to the balcony and see where it was coming from.