Breaking Point (II)

sorry for thé long wait yall lowkey got burnout tbh and I'm also literally writing a found family harbinger fic on my ao3 so I was lowkey focused on that for a while

ANYWAY here's a small filler chapter for Alhaitham because shocker Alhaitham has only had like 50 lines this entire fic

~~
Now playing- loml- Taylor Swift

Alhaitham was losing it.

You were the love of his life, and yet now you were the loss of his life.

He's had multiple missed calls and texts from the last 2 days from literally everyone. The only person he would respond to is Nahida because he couldn't bear to have his little sister stress over him anymore.

He didn't check the messages but he could see who'd sent them; most were from Kaveh and Candace, while Dehya, Cyno and Tighnari were always at the door trying to get Alhaitham to come out.

He's been in bed constantly, hugging the pillows and wishing it was you. He almost gets Deja vu, remembering how this was you just a week and a half ago before it all went down.

God but he doesn't want to think about you, because if there's any slight thought of you, he starts crying his eyes out- it's to the point he's had to switch pillows 4 times.

He didn't know if you were actually dead. No one did. Capitano called the cops the night it happened and they checked the area for your body, but couldn't find anything.

But you would've texted him, right?

Right?

He's been trying to think of what happened to you. Did you really try to die? Did someone find your body and drag it away or was it yourself who ran despite falling from the 12th floor.

12 hours after, Alhaitham and Zhongli begged the cops to announce you missing- but keep in mind there are sitll people who follow Azar even after these last 2 years, so the excuse for them to NOT announce you missing was "people would go batshit crazy if they found out Silver Star was missing."

He didn't give a single fuck about Silver Star- he only cared about Y/N Mundo. He literally lost his shit and Zhongli had to drag him out.

Way to make a scene in front of your future father in law.

Well, would that even happen? If no one found you, he wouldn't become his father in law.

God why was Alhaitham even thinking about this?

He wondered if he hadn't broken up with you- if he hadn't been such a failure of a boyfriend, would you have jumped out?

He heard the door open and hope filled him at the thought that it was you, but it dimmed down because he knew better. He knew it was just Cyno unlocking it with his key, him, Tighnari and Dehya coming in with more food for him.

"Haitham," Cyno breathed out, opening the bedroom door to find the usual position Alhaitham was in; On his side, hugging his pillow close that already had a few tear stains despite it only being 1 in the afternoon.

"We brought you food." Dehya walked in next, holding a bunch of bags. "We can cook?"

"I only want my wife's cooking." He mumbled into his pillow with a whine.

"She's not your wife." Tighnari deadpanned. He was also getting some Deja vu from this sight.

"She was gonna be!" He sat up, grumbling with an annoyed sigh. "You all knew I was gonna propose at some point."

"And then your stupid ass went onto work constantly and break up with her," Dehya mumbled as she walked out the bedroom, putting down the bags in the kitchen and taking the food out one by one.

"Don't remind me!" He groaned with a yell, falling back down onto the bed. "I miss her...I miss her laugh, her smile, her eyes- god her EYES AND HER SMILE ESPECIALLY."

"I'm gonna puke." Tighnari sighed.

"I miss how she always took care of me, and she was always there for me. She was so sweet and I MISS HER." He started to cry again, pushing his face into the pillow. "I wish this was her?"

"The pillow?" Cyno asked, still disgusted.

"Of course!" He groaned into it. "I feel like I'm hugging her."

"If you start humping the pillow I'll throw up."

Everyone looked at Tighnari with absolute disgust while Alhaitham stared at in with shock.

"Well, at least I got amazing pussy and you don't."

"WOAH," Cyno yelled, putting his hands up. "Dude, you gotta get up." He walked over, trying to pull his friend out of the bed but Alhaitham relented.

"Im mourning!"

"Do you seriously think she's dead?" Dehya laughed, walking back into the room and watching as Cyno and Tighnari tried to force Alhaitham out of bed by pulling on his shirt and arms. "Alhaitham, you doubt your girlfr-"

"WIFE!"

"Wife. Too much. She's boxed for years, and yeah maybe she paused at being silver star for 2 whole years, I don't think she's weak."

Cyno deadpanned. "She jumped out of a 12th floor window. Either she wanted to kill herself or she somehow knew she'd survive that."

"Maybe she did," Dehya shrugged and the boys stopped their struggle to stare at her with absolute shock.

"What??" She asked, laughing. "Okay, let's think about the fact that when Y/N was silver star- she did a LOT. The girl has sacrificed her life over 100 times. Sure maybe she definitely got hurt falling, but she could've gotten help. For all we know, Dainsleif could be lying and he probably is helping take care of her. He's her damn godfather."

The room went quiet as they all looked at each other, taking in her worlds and actually letting it sink in. However, it was broken when Cyno's phone started to ring, and he excused himself, saying it was Pierro.

Yet Tighnari, Dehya and Alhaitham stayed quiet.

"Maybe I am underestimating her," Alhaitham breathed out.

"Oh my god we're seriously believing this?" Tighnari asked, almost nervously.

Dehya shrugged, grinning. "ain't bad to have hope."

Oh there was hope alright.

Cyno burst back into the room, eyes wide.

"Cyno, what's wrong?" Tighnari asked, growing nervous at his boyfriends...panicked face? They couldn't tell- it looked shocked, panicked and yet he was happy.

"Pierro's apartment just got broken into. Damslette's laptop is gone and so are some of his files."

Everyone looked at him in confusion because why is he so happy?!

Until it actually clicked.

They all shared a look, before speaking in unison.

"Holy shit."