The investigation begins

EDITED on April 23rd, 2024 (remove like a small unimportant part)

okay so i DID make a playlist for this fic that like sums up the fic and its not done its gonna be continuously added to as I get through the fic but lowkey I believe I ate

i was gonna make it way earlier but I wanted to wait until ttpd came out

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5KKkyKCf16zsNbv7ea6DfO?si=969e625338464f15

also guys KEEP the comments coming they make me laugh so much omg

okay are we ready for the investigation to begin?!

~~

♪now playing-I can do it with a broken heart- taylor swift

The next morning, you decided to wake up early, moving so slowly out of the bed to not wake up Alhaitham.

The apartment was a mess, but it wasn't too bad. You'd clean it up in the upcoming week.

If you were going to figure out who killed Damslette and prove Childe's innocence, you needed to get your head clear; Everything at the moment was so bad, not just for you but for everyone, and the only way to make it better is to finally get through this.

Lingering at the back of your head were the horrifying thoughts that tried to fight its way as your main thought but you pushed them back; All that mattered was finding who did this and saving your friends.

So, you started the day off as you normally would as if it was a day where there wasn't someone trying to kill you! You may not have work anymore for the remainder of the case, but that didn't mean Alhaitham didn't; so you found yourself making his coffee.

His stupid, weird, completely black, iced coffee, with of course 7 ice cubes. You decided you'd make Signora's and Pantalone's later; they were up late last night so they wouldn't be up for a while.

You took the coffee to your room, carefully maneuvering yourself around the decorations that fell onto the floor and kicked the balloons away.

Opening the door, your boyfriend was already awake; just like he usually is whenever you did this; Wake up early, make his coffee and yours, go back and he's already awake in bed staring at his phone.

His tired, hooded eyes slowly looked at you and in seconds, they were filled with warmth as he stared at you with love and no matter how many times he looked at you like that, your knees always went weak.

He sat up as you put his coffee down on the bedside table. "7 ice cubes- just how you like it."

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" His tired eyes gazed up at you with such adoration and you laughed.

"Many times."

"Many isn't enough."

You helped when he wrapped an arm around you and you were forced back onto the bed, laughing as your boyfriend held onto you and pressed multiple kisses to your face.

"You're gonna be late for work!" You tried to push him away but your laughter just encouraged him to keep you there.

He just shrugged. "I've been there on time every week, I'm sure they won't mind just this once."

You scoffed, giving up at trying to force him away and just letting him hold you. "5 minutes and then you have to get up."

"10 and I'll make it a deal."

"6 minutes." You argued.

"8'minutes."

You glared, rolling your eyes. "Fine."