Day 2

guys were a lot closer to the end of this fic then you think....

also small chapter I'm SORRY it's because the next chapters are actually really big cuz it's the final few chapters I'm thinking like 3-4 chapters left?????

~~~

"You won't be able to reach her," The counsellor spoke as she rummaged through her files, trying to find Arlecchino's. "Physically, that is. Since the news, she's been throwing up and crying. The day we found out, she tried to stay in school, ended up puking, fainting and getting sent home. Hasn't been here all week."

She then pulled out a thin folder, handing it to you and you opened it. "You won't find a lot in there. She didn't talk to me a lot, but even her files from elementary and middle don't have a lot. Seemed she had a nice, perfect life, but...well, look at what happened to her best friend; She had a perfect life and seemed that it wasn't too perfect for someone to end up, well, murdering her."

She was right, you realized as you went through Arlecchino's files. She really had no problems, and she was a well academic student with high A's and 90's. She had a good social life. "Wow, so no problems?"

"Not until recently."

That made you both look at her with confused faces. "Recently?"

"About three days before y'all found Damslette, Arlecchino came out to her group. They were all accepting, but, well you didn't hear this from me, she was...in love with Damslette."

"OH!" You and Albedo both yelled, now connecting the dots.

The counsellor nodded. "I'd assume that's why Damslette was off, because it seemed she didn't reciprocate those feelings and it definitely caused a dent in their friendship. Now, I don't know if that's motive, but if i had to vouch for Arlecchino, I would; The two have been best friendsy for many years, and I don't think someone who murdered their best friend would be throwing up consistently and bawling her eyes out."

~~

The next day, once everyone was back in Dainsleif's home, you relayed the entire conversation from the day with Albedo at the high school to them with the best detail you could give.

Sitting around the living room table, you spread out everything you found in Damslette's room; the photos with her either cut out or scratched out, and the printed real photos you got from her Instagram.

"Wow, how homophobic was she?" Ayato muttered looking down at it all.

"She never really cared about that, actually." You frowned. "She wouldn't drop their friendship over Arlecchino's crush."

You sat down, groaning as you leaned back. All of this was starting to give you a headache. "I just don't get why she crossed arlecchino out from everything."

"I think I know," Dainsleif muttered and everyone turned to look at him.

He was seared in the corner of the room at a different table and sofa, his own laptop on the table while Damslette's laptop was in his lap. "Y'know the confession Instagram page that was opened up on here?"

You nodded. "Yeah- I thought she was just reading the posts."

Dainsleif sighed, standing up. "She did more." He walked over, sitting down beside you and showing you the laptop.

On the instagram, he opened up one of the posts from a month ago. "Read it,"

Damslette Harbinge, the academic prestigious rich brat, isn't as innocent as she makes herself; She doesn't build her academic imagine on studying, no, instead she's been stealing the exam papers and using them to get perfect scores.