It's over

Now playing- The Night We Met- Lord Huron

guys I highly recommend rereading the « alhaitham Volan » chapter in the previous fic because spoiler alert something does happen which gives him flashbacks to smth in that chapter

anyways this is the chapter that reveals the foreshadowing from 2 days ago...

ALSO OVERDOSE AGAIN uhm...yeah sorry it's super dark I know...

anyway yes Childe is murderer

~~

2 hours later, you sat in your apartment, feeling as lonely as ever, but that wasn't really shocking anymore, was it?

Signora was staying overnight at the hospital by Pantalone's side, and you had no idea if the others were back within their own rooms.

You didn't wanna check.

Your mind kept flashing back to the fight you had back at the bar, and felt the humiliation all over again from the peering eyes as they watched you scream at Alhaitham, try to fight albedo- god they must've thought you were crazy.

Were you?

Maybe Childe was the murderer, like, why wouldn't he tell them where he was the night she died?

But he wasn't that dumb.

You don't even know how, but you ended up on the living room floor, laying down in a starfish position on your back, bottle of some random alcoholic drink beside you.

You hoped you'd get drunk in a way that you'd forget everything but instead you're in your overthinking drunk phase.

Alhaitham hasn't come home yet, and it was nearing midnight. Was he mad at you? Would he stay the night at Cyno's?

After that episode, you wouldn't have been surprised if he did.

Your mind went back to Childe, wondering what happened. They said he tried to commit, that he had an overdose after he attacked pantalone.

Was he in the hospital? Or were they brutal enough to not give him any treatment?

Their reasoning was that he had a vendetta against Pierro's family for their riches due to his recent money problems- but what would that benefit for him? What would that solve? They also said he had a vendetta against your family ever since Zhongli's riches came back- hence Xiao's attack- but why?

Childe? The man who used to break into your home at 2 in the morning just to take snacks and bother you? The man who used to drive Xiao to and from school when you were too busy and couldn't lend the car?

How? How could it be him? He has siblings- multiple, and he would never even dream about hurting them, so how could he hurt Xiao? Another brother? And Pantalone? His closest best friend aside from Scaramouche?

Oh god and Pierro....

What if Pantalone had died tonight? What would he do? He'd have no other child than Capitano- who wasn't even a child anymore.

Trars began to flow as guilt took over you. You promised yourself and to him- even if he didn't know it- that you would prove his innocence, yet you were too late.