Breaking Point

guys just a show of hands who would read my Childe x reader cuz ngl im scared to publish 😔😔

also tw mentions of puke in this but no one actually does istg

Also FILLER chapter but insane reveal
~~

You stood outside the operating room, watching as multiple doctors surrounded Xiao; most of them had tools, others had towels and others were there to help support.

His hospital gown was covered in blood completely, and you felt bile rise up in your throat when a doctor moved and you could see more blood coming out of his stomach and you turned around, not bearing to face the surgery anymore.

You heard doors opened and turned to find one of the doctors coming out. You noticed the slight blood on his gloves and he was quick to put them behind his back.

"How is he?" You asked, hoping he wouldn't notice how raspy your voice was; The sobs that came out of your throat were never ending.

"He's lost a lot of blood," The doctor sighed, but he looked optimistic even if it was under a mask. "It's multiple abdominal wounds; whoever did this has the intention to kill him. I can't guarantee he'll make it out, but those hero's brought him fast, and if any longer, his changes of survival would be way lower. I believe he has a chance."

You didn't speak, afraid that if you even opened your mouth you wouldn't be able to stop a choked sob from coming out. You just nodded and the doctor understood.

"Your father is awake, if you'd like to go visit him." He said, making his way towards the doors. "Next floor; Room 214."

You waited a bit after he left, not wanting to make it an awkward walk with him.

One final look at Xiao, you let out a whimper, and begged any god out there and to all the surgeons that they would save your baby brother.

Walking through the halls you noticed it was almost 1am now. You weren't tired; after everything that happened, you were in too much shock to fall asleep.

You tried to ignore how badly you shook as you walked and tried to hide your limps. You were in pain after everything that happened at the Akademiya, but you couldn't bring yourself to ask for help after everything.

You thought back on what hapoened after you found Xiao; how you had to act like that wasn't your brother as you stood there as nightstar, how you couldn't even hug your boyfriend as he cried trying to suppress the blood while nahida called for help and Zhongli.

His screams and sobs rang through your head and it made you come to a stop, having to take a deep breath before you could continue walking.

You couldn't bear to listen to it, so you left. You went home and you sobbed in Itto's arms, trying to explain what happened but no words could come out, only choked cries as you begged he'd live.

Itto sat with you, waiting for Alhaitham to call and explain what happened. You couldn't rush into the hospital or else they would've known you were nightstar.

In fully honesty you wouldn't have cared, but the reason you did is because now there were 2 people out there trying to kill you; The Beetle and Damslette's killer.

For the sake of your family and everyone around you, you couldn't reveal yourself like that.

You noticed down the hall was Cyno, Albedo and Alhaitham and seemingly 2 other familiar detectives; Gli and Anton. You walked over, wiping your tears before they saw you.

"Y/N," Alhaitham breathed out, immediately walking up to you to wrap his arms around you.

It was so warm, and you thought back on the week you had wishing for his comfort.