Out of Time

Now playing- I Know the End- Phoebe Bridgers

uhm r we ready? i cant tell if this chapter is the most insane or the next one

also mentions of blood, puke, drugs, overdose, suicide...yeah

~~~~

"You're 100% sure it was this one?" 

Kaeya nodded to Scaramouche's question. "It's 100% this one. Same one Albedo and I were supposed to go to tonight-..if he didn't have work." He mumbled the last part, seemingly annoyed- hell, just like how you were with Alhaitham.

Now was not a time to think of that, though- Childe and Pantalone still were not answering. On the way here, you and Signora were nonstop calling them, letting it ring in hopes they'd answer on the last one.

The bar wasn't too far. It was on the edge of the city- not the desert one- right by the forests, so it was easy to get there. 

The whole group came, except Alhaitham, Cyno and Dottore as the first two were working and Dottore was on a date and no one wanted to anger Capitano. How everyone fit into two cars...yeah...

Ayaka and Thoma offered to stay back at the apartment, in case Childe and Pantalone left and were to come back- you hoped it was that case, but you didn't feel good about it.

Walking in, you were met with loud music and the laughter of people. Bottles and cups were clinked, food was being served- it was loud and exciting. You looked around, looking for a ginger, but couldn't find him.

"Restaurant closes in 30, bar stays open 'til 2am." A voice spoke, and you looked to the bar.

There was a girl, seemingly young- maybe too young to be a bartender but apparently according to Kaeya and Diluc there was a 12-year-old bartender in mondstadt, so maybe this was normal. 

She was familiar- WAY too familiar, but you had no idea from where. It creeped you out, honestly. 

"Uhm, have you seen these two?" Signora asked, hands shaking as she showed her phone to the bartender. It was a picture of you all back at the Akademiya, zoomed in onto Childe and Pantalone who had their arms thrown around each other, grinning.

"Yeah- left like 30 minutes ago." She answered after inspecting and analyzing it for a bit. "Seemed out of it- guess they had too much to drink." She shrugged, turning to put the shot glasses she cleaned back onto the shelves.

Everyone shared a look, all with one thought;

Childe was not a lightweight.

"Sorry, another question," Ayato pushed through the group, standing beside you. "Were they both out of it, or just one?"

She turned back around, growing annoyed. "Both. Could barely hold onto each other when they were leaving."

You checked the time- it was 8:20, meaning that if she was right and they left 30 minutes ago, it was only a few minutes before Signora called them.

"Thanks," You breathed out, walking out and the whole group followed.

"I'm gonna call Thoma," Itto murmured, pulling his phone out and walking over to the parking lot to get some silence.

You felt your hands start to take and you didn't know if it was from the cold or what. You pulled down on the sleeves of Haitham's hoodie, engulfing in the warmth and wishing it was actually him. "This isn't right," You mumbled, trying to think.

Childe was not a lightweight, which has been mentioned multiple times, yet how could he so easily get drunk at just a few shots? Well, that was if the bartender was telling the truth.