6. Fake Date

I will fucking kill this man

You know when I say that I hate men, this asshole always tops the list.

Even right now when he's talking to my father as my boyfriend, feeding him with all the lies, the only thing I can think of is how to kill him.

How about I stab his chest?

Naah! He might stay alive after that.

How about breaking his skull then? Or shoot him in his heart?

Yeah, that would be better!

"I'm visiting New York this week so how about having a family dinner then? Atharv, I'll also inform your father about it."

"Sounds like a nice plan uncle but just like Vani, I also hid about our relationship from my parents."

Atharv lied smoothly making dad chuckle.

"You kids nowdays are very secretive but anyways, when are you planning to inform your parents then?"

Dad inquired and he replied immediately without hesitation as if he had already planned it before.

"Tomorrow. Actually, Mom& Dad are coming over for a weekend so I'll tell them everything about us tomorrow, right Vani?"

He faced me with a smile and all I wanted to do was to wipe that smile off his face but instead I fake smiled at him.

Just wait until this call ends and I'll end you asshole kapoor.

"Yeah of course. Uhm Dad, I'm really tired so I'll talk to you later? Even Atharv have to leave now, don't you Atharv?"

I passed a tight lipped smile at him to which he reciprocated with a smug of his own.

Control Vani! You can't kill him in front of Dad.

"Okay princess, take rest! And I'm so happy that you found such a nice man for yourself!"

Nice man? Obviously because that's the facade he had illuminated for the world.

"I'm so happy for you princess! You made the right choice. We'll talk later okay. Bye and take care."

You made the right choice.

I felt my eyes welling up hearing these words from his mouth but I somehow maintained my poker face.

For all these years, I tried my best to achieve something that would make Dad proud of me & my choices instead of being disappointed but look at the irony, he felt the choice right when I hadn't even made it.

This sentence almost made me convince to accept this agreement but the voice of the man sitting beside me pushed my sentiments aside.

"Bye uncle."