11. Secret Shadow

I have seen so many girls but I've never seen a girl as stubborn as Varnika Rawat

She clearly knows that her life is in danger, that someone is constantly trying their level best to kill her yet she wants to ignore it.

Deep down, I feel like she is aware about that person but doesn't want anyone else to know about it and that's why she is not  accepting my help.

It's not that I care for her. I fucking don't but she's the only person who can help me find her.

Even though I'm best at hacking, finding information & security stuff, yet I couldn't find her in three whole years.

I came back home once she went inside the building and took a long shower.

Wearing my trousers & tee, I went downstairs in the living area and settled myself on the couch after dialling Kush's number.

"Chain se weekend bhi mat mnane de mujhe tu!"
(You won't even let me spend the weekend peacefully)

He whinned after picking up the call.

"I've spent years in being the cupid for your love story have you ever seen me complaining about it?"

I replied and I could feel him rolling his eyes at my response.

"What do you want?"

"I told you to do some work for me."

"And I told you that I don't work on weekends."

I sighed at his response.

This man is surely whipped. Earlier, he used to work day & night and now, he works only on week days!

"Did she reach there?"

I asked and he hummed.

"About that, I need you to check the cctv footage of Vani's penthouse and see who entered there when she was out."

Kush spoke, his voice sounding serious.

"There's no need for that because I already know who was behind it."

"Who?"

He asked immediately.

"Me"

I replied instantly with a sheepish smile on my face.

"What??"

He roared and I had to keep the phone away from my ear.

"Don't overreact. She wasn't going to move in with me so I had to do this."

He stayed silent so I continued.

"We all know that she isn't safe there and besides, we've already lied about our dating to our families. She wasn't harmed earlier but what if she gets harmed the next time? If any of our parents got to know about it, they'll definitely scold us for hiding it from them and will question about why aren't we living together when we're already dating each other for six months. I just don't want them to suspect about our agreement and besides, she's the only one who can find her for me."