10. Safe

For over a decade, I had the control over my life

For over a decade, I had the control over my life. Not for even once, I let someone else dominate me or my decisions.

Ever since that day, I always did whatever I want & however I want.

No matter how many people started hating me, taunted me, passed rude comments about me, but I didn't let anyone's opinion affect me.

And now, looking at the destruction of my penthouse, watching the control of my life slowly slipping away from my hands made my blood boil.

"Pack your things Wildcat. You're moving in with me."

Kapoor's voice rang into my ears as I clutched my hair in frustration.

My head turned towards him in a swift motion as I comprehended his words.

"Have you lost your fucking mind Kapoor?"

I yelled at him but he seemed unaffected by my words.

"Take a look over this place Wildcat. This is the second time someone broke in to your apartment in the last three days. Do you really think it is safe for you to stay here right now?"

"And who are you to be concerned about my safety?"

I spat in anger while he stayed quiet. Apart from the clench of his jaw and a flicker of anger in his eyes, his face stayed neutral.

"You can die for all I care but it was my responsibility to ensure that you reach home safely-"

"Which you've already fulfilled so now, take your ass & get out of my house."

I didn't let him complete his sentence and his eyes burned in anger at my words.

One second he was standing at the entrance, another one, he was breathing against my face, his face closer to mine, eyes red in anger & hand wrapped around my neck in a firm grip as he pinned me against the wall.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not talk to me in that bratty tone?"

He let out, making my temperature rise even more.

I grabbed his throat and with all my force, pushed him away from me. He got startled by my move and taking the advantage, I freed my neck from his grip, pinning him against the wall.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not man handle me EVERY SINGLE TIME?"

My voice roared in the penthouse as my chest heaved up & down in anger.