8. Sensual Dinner

A noise from the kitchen broke my peaceful sleep

Who is it this time?

Tilting my head towards my right, I watched the time, it was 10 a.m in the morning.

After typing back the reply last night, I didn't get any other message and it was already 5 a.m when I went back to sleep which was disturbed now.

I swear if it's an intruder, I'll fucking kill him. For God's sake, it would be second break-in into the house in past two days!

Quietly getting up from the bed, I pulled out my gun from the drawer and walked out of the room silently.

What an amazing start to Sunday morning, isn't it?

Just shut up missy!

Shaking away my subconscious mind's taunt, I raked my eyes all over the living area but found no one.

With silent steps, I walked downstairs and moved towards the kitchen but frowned finding it empty.

Suddenly, I felt a knife digging against my back as a voice rang into my ears.

"Don't move."

The voice sounded familiar yet I couldn't recognise it.

"Put your gun on the counter."

The man ordered and I slowly raised my hand in which I was holding the gun.

Moving my hand slowly, I acted like putting the gun on the counter. I knew his focus might be on the gun & my movement to place it there without any trick so I moved my left hand behind my back, the movement so slow that it didn't go noticed by him.

Just when I was about to keep the gun on the counter, my left hand got a hold of the knife and within a second, I grabbed it & turned around with the gun still in my hand.

The gun was pointing on his head but as soon as I turned, my eyes widened in surprise as a wave of shock ran over me.

"Dad?"

I whispered, my voice full of surprise & happiness.

"How are you princess?"

Dad said in his soft tone, his lips curved up in a charming smile.

Putting the gun down, I ran straight into his arms with a genuine smile lingering on my lips.

"I missed you so muchh!!"

I muttered into his chest, trying to control my tears while he patted my head.

"I missed you more, bcche!"

He placed a kiss on the top of my head before we pulled back.

"When did you come? And why didn't you inform me? And what was this knife thing?"