4

lauryn parker

it was definitely tuesday. i'm sitting in here trying to get ms louis to talk about the other day when i seen her at the store. "they didn't look like nice girls" i said while stating the obvious.

"they aren't" she said while playing with a stress ball i gave her. she was giving me short answers. im not pushing her to speak about it.

"do you like that?" i said while pointing at the stress ball and smiling. she nodded her head and hid her small smile. i blushed at it.

"who is this?" she said while pointing at my picture frame. my smile immediately dropped. the picture was my girlfriend & i.

"that's my girlfriend" i said blankly. her eyes popped out of her head. i guess she didn't expect me to be gay.

"how are you a gay therapist?" she questioned me. i laughed at her childish question. i could tell she was joking by the look on her face. "you don't seem very fond of your girlfriend".

"why do you say that?" i questioned.

"your smile. it dropped as soon as i pointed her out. wanna tell me what that is about?" she asked me. i felt very nervous.

"who's the therapist? you or me?" i questioned with a giggle. she laughed with me then waited for me to answer the question. "i am fond of her. we just are a little rocky right now" i said while looking away.

i grabbed one of the stress balls so i could play with one myself. i was already annoyed because i had to speak of the devil. i should really take that picture down.

"mhm. you know i'm a liar too right?" she said while laughing at me. i rolled my eyes. i didn't completely lie. "things must be rocky for you guys 24/7" she said while putting the stress ball down.

i ignored her. i no longer wanted to speak of my troubled girlfriend. this conversation wasn't appropriate anyways.

"moving on. how do you like school? is it fun for you?" i asked while breaking the silence. she gave me a thumbs up.

i sighed. we still had 45 minutes to go. "you aren't consistent" i blurted out. she looked at me dead in eyes. "you will talk to me a little but will stop randomly".

"you're my therapist. not my friend" she said while throwing the stress ball slightly at me. "us being friends wouldn't be appropriate. don't you think ms parker?".

my heart dropped. "im saying we should be friends. im just saying you could open up a little more" i looked down while picking at my fingers. im becoming a little more nervous.

"aren't you supposed to be patient? it's only our second session? i should write feedback on you" she said while smirking.

"no!" i yelled. "im not rushing you. im sorry. i don't know why im acting like this" i said while stammering. she giggled at me. she thought me being nervous was funny.

i looked at the clock. "maybe we could end our session early" i suggested. she looked at me funny. i was fucking up so badly.

"you wanna get rid of me?" ms louis asked. i face palmed myself. she thought torturing me was so funny. i was not enjoying this. "im kidding. i hate your office. i wanna do sessions at my home" she said while picking at her hands.

"that is an option" i said while looking down at my feet. she gasped. i looked up to her and she had this glow in her eyes. she actually did wanna do sessions at her house.

"can we please start doing them?" she begged. i gave her a funny face. i haven't known her for long but her begging is different. i nodded my head.

"as long as your mother supports it" i spoke quietly.

she nodded her head and went on her phone. i assumed she was texting her mother. i checked my phone and dream called me 5x and texted me.

dream☁️

:what? im at work

dream☁️: girl.. ur gf posting her with another girl on her story. they kissing & all.

:you're lying
:send it to me

dream☁️: i sent it

i opened the video and it was surely my girlfriend. i wanted to cry but i couldn't. im so used to this already. i loved the message and closed my phone.

i won't lie my mood is down a little. so if te'marie says some slick shit i'll probably go off. "are you okay?" she asked.

i looked at her not saying anything. she looked back at me not saying anything. it was awkward but i didn't want to talk anymore. im a therapist though. my job is to talk.

"im okay" i said. she smiled at me. i didn't smile back. i simply wanted this session to be over.

_________________________________

i love nicki minaj