3

te'marie louis

"don't be rude to people who are trying to help you marie. i've told you about that already" my mother said while scolding me. i ignored her.

i never asked for help. she applied me to a therapist for no reason. i never asked for one. i sighed. "did i ask you for a therapist? you expect me to be happy about it" i said while rolling my eyes.

my mother sighed. i could see that she was sick of me. i was getting sick of her too. "was the lady at least nice to you?" my mom asked me while giving a smile soft smile.

i nodded my head. "she was a little annoying. she said her last name atleast one hundred times. the way she spoke was also annoying. she's childish for a grown ass adult" i said while shrugging my shoulders.

my mom popped me in the mouth. "watch your mouth. you don't have to be so rude all the time. i'm sure she is a sweet lady" my mom said while grabbing some bags. "come on. let's go to the store".

i rolled my eyes and nodded. i love going to stores so this shouldn't be that bad.

-

"go get me some strawberries while i look at the prices for the milk" my mama said while ordering me. i sucked my teeth. "girl gone".

i walked away and went to the fruit section. i don't understand why she couldn't just come get it. she's always ordering me around like her legs don't work.

"i know that ain't her" i heard from behind me. i quickly turned around. it was them bitches from school.

i turned and faced them. as soon as they realized it really was me they starting walking up to me. one of them had a baby in their arms.

i still didn't say anything to them. "arent you supposed to be at home? getting beat up?" one of them said. the rest of them started laughing. i still kept a straight face.

her little dick eaters were laughing hard as hell. me personally i didnt find the joke very funny. i didn't say anything. i walked away trying to find some strawberries for my mother.

they followed behind me making smart little remarks. "i don't even know why navi is your friend. you treat her like shit" the girl with the baby in her hand said. i agreed with her on that. i'm trying my best to stop though.

"cursing in front of the baby is crazy" i said while still looking for strawberries. my statement made them upset. she grabbed my shoulder and pushed me.

i got pushed into the mangos. some of them rolled off of the stand. she was heading towards me again until ms fucking parker showed up.

"hey te'marie!" she said while walking towards me. i sighed. she gave me a concerning look. i guess she saw the girls.

"hello" i said to her.

"who the fuck is you?" the girl with the baby spat out. again cursing in front of the baby is insane. ms parker gasped at her cursing.

"why are cursing in front of that baby? and i'm te'marie's therapist." she said sternly. the girls laughed at her. i mentally face palmed myself.

"she has a therapist? good luck dealing with her. she's a weird ass bitch" the other girl finally spoke up. they have so much to say about me over one little ass fight.

i got into it with one of them once. she cut me in the lunch line and had the nerve to flip me off while walking by. i hopped out of the line and slapped the tray out of her hand. then we got to fighting.

it wasn't that serious to fight over but i felt disrespected. it wasn't her first time messing with me either. usually i would ignore it but she caught me on one of my bad days. i had to let her have it.

"i think ms louis is a wonderful girl. she may not be the nicest but everyone is mean once in a while. i don't think you should be using profanity like that. especially in front of a baby" ms parker said while shaking her head.

i laughed at her proper way of speaking. maybe she isn't that bad. still don't want her as a therapist.

the girls just gave ms parker a funny look. "we'll see you at school.. ms louis" the girls said with air quotation marks. they laughed and walked away. i didnt say anything else and walked away. i was stopped by ms parker.

"were they bothering you?" she asked.

"girl clearly? they literally just called me every name in the book in front of you? what do you think" i said while scoffing.

she laughed with me. "that was a dumb question. i'll see you tuesday ms louis. leave the attitude at home this time?" she questioned. i flipped her off and she laughed.

she walked away while sending me a little wave. my mom was walking towards me.

"where have you been? i asked you for some damn strawberries and you still don't have them?" she questioned me. i shrugged.

"sorry i didn't see them. i think i need glasses" i said while lying. my mom laughed and pushed me. she grabbed the strawberries while we walking the the register.

i saw ms parker walking out the store and she waved at me. i waved back.

"who are you waving at?" my mom questioned.

i shook my head "nobody" i answered.

_________________________________

lyric of the day